Search and do not destroy

Scarlett's POV

I was sitting on the porch of the girls cabin with my book, when a massive boom made my eardrums explode (Not literally).

"Arrrrrr maties! Meet me at the ampitheatre in five minutes and I'll you about today's challenge" Chris said over the loudspeaker, imitating a pirate's voice. I rolled my eyes and snapped my book shut.

Confessional

Scarlett: Why do people assume pirates talked like that?-

Alex: -If you want to sound like a pirate

Both their confessionals side by side: Just get sunstroke and dehydration!

End

We met at the ampitheatre where Chris was dressed like a pirate and had a plastic parrot on his shoulder. There was a sheet covering something on the stage, so I guess it would be part of the challenge. I sat beside Bridgette and Alex.

"Well my little scallywags! Have I got an adventure in store for yee!" Chris said, still in his pirate voice.

"What's under the sheet?" Geoff called

"All in good time laddie! Who has a hankering for a good old fashioned treasure hunt?" Chris asked

"No one" I muttered, already hating today's challenge.

"Now this treasure hunt has a twist! What you're looking for isn't hidden, and it isn't treasure!" Chris said

"So you're calling it a treasure hunt because?" Alex asked

"Arrrrrrrrrr! Shiver me timbers! Good question me boy! You're looking for keys to a treasure chest! Inside each of these chests is a treasure that will pamper you land lubbers! And one even contains invincibility!"

"Now come around and pick a clue out of this bucket, or you'll have to walk the plank!". It is dangerous how much I'm rolling my eyes today.

We got slips of paper from the bucket. "These clues will tell ye where ye key be stowed" Chris said

"Talk normally, or don't talk at all" I advised, looking at my bit of paper. "What the heck is this supposed to be?" I asked

"Looks like a cave of some sort" Alex said "I got a monkey".

~~~~~~~~~~

I had managed to find a cave in the woods. I stepped inside and turned on my phone's flashlight.

"Where would this key be..." I muttered, walking further into the cave.

I saw something glinting. I saw my key stabbed into a pile of rocks. I pulled it out. Rocks started crumbling from the walls and ceiling "Fuck" I yelled, running out of the cave, dodging the falling rocks.

I jumped out of the cave as rocks fell, blocking the entrance. "Phew" I sighed. I heard growling behind me. I turned to see a bear.

"GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" it growled. I punched it in the chest, making it hunch over.

"Not in the mood bear" I said, walking past it.

I started walking back to camp. A monkey ran past me. "What the-" I muttered

"GET BACK HERE YOU STUPID FUZZBALL!" Alex yelled, running after it.

I followed him to where the monkey was in a tree.

"Can't get your key?" I asked, already knowing the answer

"Yeah" he said "You already got yours?".

I held it up "Yep. Need help getting yours?"