Who can you trust?

Alex's POV

We were at the dock as Chris explained the challenge.

"So last week exposed a few Gopher issues" Chris said. LeShawna, Scarlett and Heather exchanged glares "And I'm sensing something funky floating in the Bass pond too". Duncan nudged Courtney, who shoved him to the ground.

"So this week's challenge is centered around building trust. Because, after all, all good things begin with a little trust!"

Confessional

Gwen: I trusted Trent once. he left me buried alive on a beach.

Scarlett: Yeah, I don't trust anyone on my team

Alex: *Shrugs* I trust my team.

End

"There will be three challenges that will have to be completed by two or more members of each team." Chris said "Normally we'd let the campers choose their partners, but not this time! More fun for me!"

~

We went to the first challenge. It was set up by a rock mountain. "Okay, for your first challenge, you'll be doing an extreme free hand rock climbing adventure. Dj and Alex will play for Bass, Heather and Gwen for Gophers" Chris said "Here's your belay and harness". He tossed us belays and harnesses.

Heather snatched the belay and harness from Gwen

"What's your damage?" Gwen demanded

Confessional

Alex: *Singing* Green eyed monsters in parallel worlds, chocolate lawnmowers and currents for keys, little children with cotton for curls

End

"Please. As much as i love your company, I'm not blowing a challenge just to kill you" Heather scoffed, before adding "Yet".

"You won't be holding her up exactly" Chris said "One camper pulls the slack through the belay as their partner climbs. If the climber falls, the belay will stop them from crashing. The catch? We've rigged the cliff side with a few minor distractions, like, rusty nails, slippery oil slicks, mild explosions, and a few other distractions"

"Wicked" Harold smiled

"You wanna climb, or should I?" I asked Dj

"I'll climb if that's fine" he said.

"Kay" I said, before starting to put the harness on him.

"never done this before, have you?" he asked

I shrugged "Sometimes I climb trees and walls back home" I said.

"Nice" Dj said. Bunny poked out of his pocket "Aw, sorry little buddy, you can't come up with me. You can trust Geoff. He's my buddy." he turned to Geoff "Yo Geoff, hold Bunny for me while I'm on the rocks. Thanks G".

Geoff took Bunny "Sure man" he said to Dj, before turning to Bunny "Little furry dude. What's up?"

Confessional

Scarlett: were they just talking to a rabbit? Oh my fricking god...

End

Dj and Gwen started climbing the wall and Heather and I belayed them. The explosives sent Gwen falling

Izzy's POV

I watched from the bushes as Gwen fell "Hahaha! Boom boom!" I laughed, before going back to the beaver dam.

Alex's POV

Heather caught the belay in time "It's ok! I've got you!" she called.

"Dang Heather, I'm impressed" I said, still focusing on Dj "You're being very mature".