Up the creek

Scarlett's POV

We were standing by the lake.

"Today's challenge Is a true summer camp experience" Chris started "A canoe trip. You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake to Boney Island" Chris said in a spooky voice "When you get there, you must portage your canoes your canoes to the other side of the island, which is a treacherous two hour hike through dense jungle"

"Woah! We've gotta pour what?" geoff asked

"Portage" Chris corrected.

A fly flew into Geoff's ear and flew out his others.

"Walk with your canoe, idiot" I said

"Oh" Geoff realized.

"When you reach the other end of the island, you'll build a rescue fire judged by me. The first team to paddle home and return their canoes to the beach wins invincibility. Move campers, move!" Chris said. We started walking. "Oh wait, one more thing, legend has it, if you take anything from the island, you'll be cursed forever" he said, still doing that weird spooky voice.

"Woo hoo! A cursed island! Awesome!" Owen cheered

"now get in your canoes and let's have some fun!" Chris said

"Yeah!" owen cheered.

Gwen smiled at Trent, wanting to partner with him. Lindsay and beth grabbed him "You have to come with us Trent!" Lindsay said.

"Scarlett, wanna partner up?" gwen asked me.

"Sure" I replied

Cody ran over and slung his arms around Gwens shoulders. "Gwen! You, me, open water! What do you say?" he said.

I grabbed his arm and bent it until I heard a satisfying pop.

"There's no one left. he has to come with us." Gwen said to me

"Ugh fine. But I'm in charge" i said, storming off towards a canoe.

Confessional

Scarlett: Cody?

Gwen: He's like an annoying brother

Scarlett: A really, really, irritating little brother. Someday, I hope he has some moron that follows him around like a deranged puppy so he knows how gwen feels. Oh my god, did I just empathize?

End

Cody was trying to push the canoe into the lake with me and gwen sitting in it.

"Imbecile" I muttered

"Do you need our help?" Gwen said

"No, no" Cody reassured. I rolled me eyes, before climbing out and giving the canoe a sharp shove, making it get into the lake. I glared at Cody.

"Seems like you did" I said. Cody and I got in.

"On your marks, get set, paddle!" Chris said, firing a cap gun. or at least i hope it was a cap gun, or, wow, Chris is even stupider than I thought.

"So, you wanna go out some time?" Cody asked Gwen.

"No." she deadpanned.

"How about friday night?" Cody persisted

"No." gwen replied

"Saturday's fine. How about saturday?" Cody asked.

"I'm not going out with you. Ever." Gwen said firmly.

"Ok. Sheesh" Cody said. We continued to paddle in silence for a bit.

"So, is Sunday out of the question?" Cody asked. Gwen hit him in the balls with her oar.