✧𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6✧

"Ma'am, Sir is calling you downstairs" one of the maid said from the other side of the door and I told her that I will be there in a minute

I quickly had one more look at the mirror and went downstairs to meet Arjun's uncle and aunt. I wore a red kurta with black pant and hung the dupatta on one of my shoulder.

I reached the living room and greeted both of them by touching their feets. They both blessed me and then asked me to sit with them. I was going to sit on the other couch but arjun pulled me lightly and I landed beside him.

Uncle and aunty smiled looking at us saying 'love is in the air already' while I looked down at my lap feeling a bit shy but I know it's all an act in front of them as yesterday night only he told me to not expect anything from him as he doesn't believe in love.

"So beta what do you do?" uncle asked me smiling and I told them that I own a bakery at the main market. They both appreciated it and asked me to bake something for them one day.

We chatted for a while and everything was going well but when aunty asked me about my family, the smile I had on my face immediately vanished and I gulped hard as it's still a painful subject for me after my father's yesterday act.

"Ohh My pare.....parents are no more and I was the only child" I stuttered and they both muttered a sorry seeing my face but I smiled a bit to assure them that it was okay now.

"Ohh dear what happened to them?" aunty asked placing her hand over mine but before I could say anything arjun interrupted us.

"Okay that's enough for today! I want to take my fiance for shopping so I think we will continue this meet up later" arjun said in a cold voice and stood up from his place followed by us so not having any option his aunt and uncle agreed.

They both hugged us and after saying goodbye left. I blinked my eyes few times to not let any tear fall from my eyes remembering my mother.

"Thank you" I thanked arjun to save me from embarassing myself in front of them by breaking down again. I don't want anyone to know about my family especially my father that how he used to treat me.

Because I know that after listening all of it people are not going to start loving me or respect me instead they will taunt me or sympathise me which I don't want as it hurts more then.

"I didn't do it for you!! I am actually getting late so if you are done with your emotional act then get ready I don't have time to babysit you" arjun said and went outside leaving me stunned and embarassed.

Shit!! Why the hell did I thought that he will do that for me?

Ofcourse it was for his benefit only!! He doesn't care for you so don't assume things from now on otherwise it will only lead to heartbreak nothing else.

I heard my conscience so after keeping in mind to not let him get into my mind much I went inside my room and after taking my belongings I came outside to see arjun waiting for me while standing near his car.