✧𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏✧

"Mommy I want an ice cream" I whined to my mom seeing an ice cream parlour in front of me while we were in park

"Okay baccha, wait here I will be back in a minute with your ice cream" mom said and stood up from the mat on which we were sitting.

"Thankewww mommyy I lovve youu" I said and kissed her cheeks saying I love you. She smiled and hugged me tightly to her chest while caressing my head.

"I love you too my baccha. Now wait here I am going to that ice cream parlour to buy you a ice cream" she said and after kissing my hair she left from there.

"Okayy mommy" I said and sat on the mat like a good girl while playing the blocks. I can see my mom and the parlour from the place where I was sitting as the parlour was just across the road.

I smiled when I saw my mom coming out from the parlour with two ice creams in both of her hands. I waved at her feeling excited and stood up from my place.

When my mother saw me she gave me a full blown smile and I ran towards her but my steps halted when I saw her getting hit by a truck which speed up after hitting her and was no where in my sight.

"MOMMYYYY!!" I screamed while tears were running down my cheeks and after pushing people who were surrounding her I sat down beside her.

I traced my hands on her face which was covered in her blood and cried hysterically while the people who were around us called ambulance.

"Mommy open your eyes please" I cried and mom was not completely unconscious and she looked at me with a sad smile on her face and held my hand in hers.

"I wi...will alw...ways be witth yo...you nit...tya. Mum...ma lov...ves y..you" she said and then her hold on my hand got loosened and she didn't spoke anything after that.

"Mommy I love you too"

"Mommy open your eyes!!"

"MOMMYYYY!!"

I woke up from my bed heavily sweating with my breathing unsteady. I took few deep breadths and grabbed the glass from my side table but it was empty and when I looked at jug that too was empty.

I sighed and went outside my room to drink water with a jug in my hand. I went inside the kitchen and drank the water as I was a bit thirsty and after filling the jug I went outside kitchen to go to my room.

"What the fuck are you doing here at this hour?" I heard my dad said and I mentally scoffed because I know what is coming next. Our relationship is not like normal father-daughter relationship where he will call me with sweet endearments and will always shower love at me.

"Drinking water" I told him in a monotonous voice and passed by him without giving any heed to him as he was reeking of alcohol.

He pulled me back by tightly grabbing my hand which made the jug fall on the ground and the glass pieces scattered all around the floor. I am sure that the place from where he is holding me is going to be bruised.