✧𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑✧

"Good morning, How can I help you?" I asked the man who was standing at the other side of counter

"Good morning, How can I help you?" I asked the man who was standing at the other side of counter. He was wearing black clothes and was looking a bit intimidating to me.

"Good morning! I would like to have a pineapple pastry" he said while doing something in his phone.

"Okay! Please have a seat I will bring your order soon" I told the man in front of me and he nodded his head. He payed me the money which I told him and then took a seat at the corner.

The back door of my bakery is attached to a kitchen where other workers work as bakery gets really crowded in evening and kajal and I couldn't handle everything ourselves.

I don't interact with any of the workers except work related things and the reason you all know. I too bake here in the bakery itself and kajal and I are the only who serves to customers.

I served the man his pastry and he was looking at the shop very keenly. When he saw that I too am looking at him as he might seem weird to me so he looked down and started eating his pastry.

"Thank you for the pastry" he said when he finished his pastry and I gave a formal smile to him. He too smiled and then went outside while looking here and there in the bakery. He was behaving weirdly! 

"I will do it" kajal said when she saw me picking up the used plate of that man. I denied her but she insisted so I gave the plate to her and entered inside the kitchen to prepare more cakes.

Whole day was passed in me attending customer and serving them as usual. When I was done and the clock struck 6 pm I waited for the last customers to go and then closed the shop.

I open my bakery at 9 am and close at 6 pm because I am not allowed to be outside my home after 8 pm so I have to reach before that only to save myself from my father's wrath.

"Have a safe journey mam" kajal said and I too wished her the same and then we both went to our different paths. When I was walking, I felt that someone was following me but when I looked back no one was there.

I started walking faster as though I didn't saw anyone earlier but whenever I walk I am sure I hear someone walking behind me though the sound was very faint.

When I saw main road ahead of me I ran and reached there but luckily while running I didn't felt like someone was chasing me. Was it my illusion or someone was really following me but I didn't felt like this before?

I sighed and then slowly went to bus stop. I sat inside the bus and looked outside the window with a soft smile in my face. My eyes teared up when I saw a mother daughter duo eating ice cream at a stall.

I wiped my eyes lightly and looked at people blowing their car horns to reach their home quickly and here I am who doesn't want to go home or more like I don't have any place which I can call my home.

Suddenly the seat beside me dipped and I looked at the person who sat beside me. He was the same man who came to my bakery in the morning but now he was smiling friendly towards me unlike in the morning.