•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲•

Emi POV"You're joking right?" I asked Maria

Emi POV
"You're joking right?" I asked Maria. Maybe she was joking, I hope she is, no way, my mother and Maria dated? My mom dated a woman?!

"I'm serious..." She said. I shake my head

"My mother isn't into women, she gets on me about being attracted to women, there's no way," I explain.

Maria only rolls her eyes.

"She's such a hypocrite," She said, "But I guess that's my fault, or half of my fault,"

I raise an eyebrow. "Are you gonna explain this time, or just leave it at that and leave, because lately everyone's been doing that, and apparently I don't know my mother at all"

Maria leans her head against the tree, she inhaled deeply before slowly letting it out.

"Me and Nadia met when we were thirteen," She started. She glanced at me and I wait for her to continue. She sighs and looks away.

"Our families at the time had an alliance and were good friends. Nadia was such a quiet girl with such a beautiful smile, I think that's what drawn me to her. Nadia had no friends at the time, her parents wouldn't allow it, but they did allow me to be her friend, and as we got closer Nadia came out her shell more. She was funny, bright, and a bit naïve at times but I loved being around her even more because of it. When we hit sixteen, Nadia started acting a bit different around me, also nervous and more touchy, it wasn't until later I found out she liked me. I didn't know what to say, I've had my thoughts about dating women but my parents were very traditional, would never allow it, and so were her parents, but even so I accepted those feelings from her and we started fooling around secretly. It was fun, until we hit eighteen and my parents arranged me into a marriage with Dante. I wasn't happy with it, especially because I was with Nadia, but I couldn't do anything about it. My parents forced me to spend more time with Dante, so seeing Nadia was out of the question," Maria paused for a moment before smiling.

"The time I spent with Dante made me fall for him, he wasn't a bad guy. Any feelings I had for Nadia were gone. When I was able to see Nadia again she came to me with this whole plan to run away so I wouldn't have to marry Dante, but I told her I was going to marry him and that what we had needed to come to an end. She looked so hurt and confused, and I felt bad, I truly did. She tried to talk to me but I wouldn't listen, I didn't want to, I had made up my mind. I left her alone and I thought it was the end of that, but it wasn't she came back this time with her parents. Nadia...she had a bruised eye, swollen lip, and just looked awful. Apparently she told her parents that she wanted to marry me and she wanted there approval, they didn't take it well and her father quit literally beat the shit out of her and brought her to me and my parents explaining everything. At first I was pissed; pissed that she'd do something so stupid that could get us both in trouble, but seeing her like that I felt bad. It only got worse from there, her parents also brought her to see what I thought of it and what I said...how I responded I do regret, but I was eighteen and terrified of what my parents would do, so..." She stops speaking, looking down at her hands as she gently picked at the skin.