•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆•

Third POVEmi sat quietly on her bed, listening to the quiet rings of the phone she had stolen from the man Lorenzo had met up with

Third POV
Emi sat quietly on her bed, listening to the quiet rings of the phone she had stolen from the man Lorenzo had met up with. She thought it was time to put it to use, slowly she let out an annoyed long breath as she heard the same voicemail for the sixth time. Emi took the phone from her face and angrily typed in her mother's number again.

Why wasn't she answering?

"Any other time she can answer" She mumbles as she puts the phone to her face once more

The phone ringed for a while until the voicemail came up again, Emi hung up the phone and rested the tip of the phone against her forehead, she sighed in frustration.

"I swear, she better be in a meeting or something" She said, tossing the phone beside her.

She laid back placing her hands on her face, Emi thought her mother probably wasn't answering because it's an unknown number, but even so her mother would've still answered. She let out a long sigh and turned to her side, staring at the phone for awhile she picked it up and opened it, she then quickly typed in a number and placed the phone to her face.

The phone ranged for what seemed like forever and for a second she believed the voicemail was going to answer instead.

"Kore ga yoi hito wa dare demo watashi ni renraku suru seitōnariyū ga arimasu" A deep male voice answered.

[Japanese for: whoever this is better have a good reason for contacting me]

A smile formed on Emi's face at the familiar voice, this voice could always make her forget about all her problems, even if it was for a second.

"Hello to you too father" She said, adding a little British accent knowing he hated when she did that over the phone.

Kota sighed hearing his daughters voice, as much as he didn't wanna deal up with her right now, he was relieved to hear she was alive. Before answering her he took a long gulp of Sake, knowing he wouldn't be able to deal up with her for long without alcohol in his system.

"Emi, you're alive" Kota said blandly.

"You don't sound too please to know that" Emi responded

"I am, though I'm not too pleased to have you calling me from a strangers phone, who's phone is this?" He asked

"A dead man's phone" Emi beamed.

"Emi who did you kill?! You know what I don't even wanna know" Kota sighed as he rubbed his temples.

Knowing his daughter he knew someone would end up dead eventually.

"First of all I didn't kill anyone" Emi started

Kota was almost relieved yet surprised to hear that.

"I only assisted in the ignorant man's death" She continued.