•𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗶𝘅•

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING LOVES⚠︎︎: This chapter does mention sex trafficking, sexual assault, and rape, along with violence so if this makes you uneasy please skip this chapter!

Lorenzo POV
The car was silent, it was just me and Emi sitting in the back. I told Carlo to roll up the private window to give us privacy, she's been quiet since we got in the car, it bothered me, she's never quiet, always yapping her mouth, she even told me she hates silence so for her herself to be silent was. . .unpleasant.

"Are you hungry? I can tell Carlo to stop and get you some food" I suggest, knowing she had a thing for fast food.

She shook her head as she picked at the dried blood that cover her hands. I sigh and decried not to push her to speak.

"Is she still alive?" She finally spoke, her voice coming out scratchy.

She cleared her throat after hearing how her voice sounded.

"Yes." Is all I say.

Her jaw tightened.

"Why?" She asked, trying to hide her anger "I thought you wanted me to kill her?"

"I did, but while we were looking for you I got a call from one of my men, apparently Marta had the base of where the people who are being sex trafficked, moved to another location, so right now we need her breathing so we can get that information, then she can die" I explain.

I have to admit Marta is a smart woman, I'm sure she moved locations on purpose.

"How did you find me?" She asked.

"Did you really think I'd just hand your phone over without it having a tracker of some sort?" I questioned.

"Nice to know you care" She mumbled.

It went quiet again, and I debated if I wanted to ask the question that's been bothering me since I have her the assignment.

"What's up with you? What did she do that made you want to torture her?" I finally asked.

Her body tensed and she fidgets with her fingers.

"You don't have to tell me if you're not—"

"I'll tell you if you tell me something" She said, cutting me off.

I raise an eyebrow, I should've known she'd want something out of me.

"Alright," I said.

She looks at me.

"Seriously?" She asked.

I nod. She looked at me suspiciously before speaking

"Ok. . .what caused your trust issues?" She asked.

This again? Why does she wanna know so bad, I sigh.

"Years ago I met someone, they were close to me, not only me but my family, but that person betrayed me and hurt my family, so since then I haven't been able to trust people well" I explain.