Chapter 18: Enough

AN: UMMM THANKS FOR 1K reads!! Sorry for the long over due update!

Harry's POV

I text Cami to let me know when she was back in her room and the number so I could stop by with Jeff not around. She text me as soon as she was alone and I made my way to her room.

I knocked on the door and she opened it with a small smile and a champagne bottle in her hand, "Haz, come in."

We walked into her small sitting area and she popped open the bottle, as I sat down, "A glass for old times sake?" She smiled at me and I shook my head.

"No Camille, I came here to talk. Look I know Jeff invited you here and everything, but I don't want this to be like all the times before. Which is why I won't be making it out to dinner tonight."

I watched as she sat across from me, tapping her nail on the glass.

"Oh but you will." She said so sweetly, it felt almost conniving, as she sipped on her champagne.

"Excuse me?" I said leaning forward in my seat.

"You see, Jeff will fire that little assistant of yours if you don't. He will also fire her, if you don't take me to the MTV Awards on Saturday. Or kiss me on the cheek goodbye at your concert tomorrow."

"Camille. No, we can't do this. Why would you even agree? You know I hate that shit." I felt the anger growing in my chest.

"So that you can be reminded that we are always going to be it, Harry. It's always going to be us. No matter how much we fight it." She said this standing up and walking over. She pushed me back softly on the chair and climbed on me before I could push her off, "I mean, how does she truly compare to me? In no way, and I know you know this."

She brushed her lips along my jaw, and I gently pushed her back, standing up as I moved her off of me, "No Cami. She doesn't compare to you, because she is so much better. She would never do this. She would never take advantage of me. Or hurt me."

"Harry, Jeff says you've only known her, what? A month? That's not enough time to know a person."

I rolled my eyes, running my hands through my hair, "It's enough to know that I care deeply for her. She's constantly occupying every part of my mind and slowly my heart. I'm not going to let you and Jeff ruin that. I'm not going to dinner Cami. And you can let Jeff know I will cancel shows if he fires her."

"He knows. He doesn't care Harry. He knows you care about the fans more than anything. We all know that. Empty threats won't work here love."

I looked up at her and I knew she was right, but I hated how she was making me feel. Like she had this power over me, that she didn't. I just was stuck.

"Camille, please. I will do the MTV awards, but not tonight. I'm tired, please just not tonight." I hated begging, but I needed to explain what was happening to Christy.

"Fine, but I'm expecting that kiss tomorrow Harold." She smiled, sipping on her wine.

I shook my head, turning to head out of the room quickly. I hated this, I hated that Jeff made agreements without my knowledge. I hated knowing Christy would not agree to any of this.

When I finally made my way back into the room, Christy was on my bed in a tiny ball sleeping. She had unpacked and organized all my things. I made my way over to the bed, crawling in next to her and kissing her forehead softly. I moved her hair behind her ear, running my fingers through it softly.

She didn't stir, and I could only imagine how tired she was. Dealing with me, her dad, the travel, Jeff, even Camille. I bit my lip, shaking my head. I hate how being with me was always complicated. No one was ever happy. Not my team. Not my fans. Even if I was happy, it didn't matter.