Chapter 7: James

The next morning, my body naturally woke me up early. I kept attempting to close my eyes and fall back asleep, but it was pointless.

I laid there staring at the ceiling as I heard Harry and the woman in the living room. She was giggling and he was sushing her as they said goodbye.

I stayed there until I heard him lock the door and head back up the stairs. I got up and stretched, slipping on sweats over my biker shorts, grabbing my phone and Kindle.

I quietly walked into the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker sitting at the island while it brewed. I unlocked my phone and opened up my messages, rereading the message James sent me last night during the concert.

J: Dinner. Tomorrow? 6pm. Also, how was the sandwich this time good still, or was the first time a fluke?

I smiled softly, and tapped my fingers along the back of the phone before responding.

C: Sounds perfect. And it wasn't a fluke, might have been even better the second time around.

I smiled to myself before taking deep breath and getting up to make my coffee.

Harry finally woke up around noon, making his way down the stairs. I was laid out on the couch reading my book.

"Morning." He said, his voice layered in sleep.

"Morning." I said, bringing my Kindle to my chest as he sat on the seat across from me.

"How long have you been up?" He rubbed his eyes and pulled at his hair as he stretched. Every muscle on his bare chest and stomach moving with him.

I looked away before answering, "Uh, couple hours. My body just naturally woke me up. There is coffee in the pot by the way."

"Mmm, thanks, I'll definitely be needing that." He said as he clicked around on his phone.

As he got up to head to the kitchen, I got a notification that he had updated "The Itinerary". I opened it up and reviewed today's schedule. Baseball game, tonight, you pick which team we see. I smiled to myself, instantly knowing the Yankees would be my pick. I sat up to let him know, when my phone went off again. I looked down at it, a reminder I wouldn't be doing anything with Harry tonight.

J: perfect, can I pick you up?

I bit my lip and looked up at Harry, then down at my phone again. The tall blonde flashing across my mind.

C: Yes, that would be perfect.

I sent him the address and looked back up at Harry, "Um, so about the game."

He turned and smiled, "Took you long enough! So which team?"

"I actually have plans. With a friend I made at that place with the salads you like. We are going to to dinner, and I can't bail." I bit my lip watching his face.

"Oh, okay, that's fine. We will go next time. It's your day off after all. We can, maybe go read at Central, for a little bit?" He smiled and I nodded.

"Sure, let me just change."

"Perfect." He smiled big.

I was changing for the hundredth time tonight. Desperately wishing I had a friend to text for advice in this moment. I finally settled on a cheetah print midi skirt, a simple band tee, tucked in slightly and my favorite pair of booties. James had told me it was a casual restaurant which deep inside I greatly appreciated.

My hair was in a cute messy ponytail, and I had applied a little bit of concealer and blush today to make me look, a little bit more presentable. James text me he was almost here and I sprayed on some perfume, grabbing my leather jacket and heading out to the living room to wait.