"Maybe two years and a half? Almost three, I believe." Seren speculated, truly having no idea of how long she had been working there.

"Wow, you were there for a while, huh?" He gathered, slightly tilting his head.

When she thought about it, she really did stay there for a while. Though, it felt longer.

"You know, it feels like I was there for years, but I don't regret working there, it was kinda fun sometimes." Seren expressed, picturing her co-workers and all the amusing moments they had.

Mostly when Miyong was in his office, and when the lounge was empty.

"How do you feel about working here though?" He continued his queries, leaning into the table.

"So far, I like it. It's so calm, and even when we have a rush, it isn't as stressful as the ones I'd have to deal with at my other job." She stared off into the table, placing her chin in her hand. "And there's something about watching people sit calmly in their seats sipping coffee that also kind of calms me down, too. Somehow."

His dark eyes lit up. "I feel the same way. Well, I've been working here for about a year and a half, but that never gets old. Neither does the smell."

"Really?" Seren asked, laughing. "I feel like I would be tired of the smell of roasting coffee beans."

He shrugged, "I actually feel like this is where my coffee addiction started."

She smiled, the purity in his eyes igniting joy in her body when he spoke about his interests.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, Ren, but how old are you?" Seren asked, turning the questions onto him.

"Me? I'm nineteen, twenty in a few months." Ren happily answered. "How about you? I'm assuming you're older since you worked at a bar, right?"

"Yeah, I'm twenty four." She answered.

Something about Ren flickered a warm, familiar feeling in her chest.

He reminded her so much of Jimin, the way he seemed so interested in her topics, how his eyes would gleam innocently just like her little brothers did. How young he was. It made her realize how much she truly missed Jimin, saddened that she hadn't seen him in three weeks.

"Wow, yeah figured you'd be older." He nodded, running his fingers through his hair. "By the way, I like your lip ring."

Seren licked her lips absentmindedly, always forgetting that she had jewelry on her lip.

"Oh, thanks. I forget it's there sometimes." She earned an innocent chuckle from him, her heart aching from how similar it sounded to Jimin's.

"But, I should clock back in soon." Seren muttered, pushing out of her chair. "I might have spent longer than fifteen back here."

"Right, I'll clock in with you." He invited himself.

She just grinned, it truly didn't bother her.

Actually, it was nice that she was making a friend at her new job. It encouraged her social battery, learning that she still had it in her to push her introverted feelings away, and communicate.

Before entirely clocking in and giving her time to the company, she sent a quick text to Jimin, telling him that she missed him, dismissing the exchange of messages that they had going on before.

***

Seren entered her leaving into the iPad in the breakroom, relieved that she was finally going home for the rest of the day, still four in the afternoon, giving her enough time to get home at a reasonable hour and finish assignments for school.