Chapter 24

I walked out of shower, only to find Vegas sleeping, he was looking so calm and vulnerable, but the bandage on his head makes me remember everything that is happening, it was so wrong.

I closed his door, Kinn was on calls and Porsche was not visible to me, he probably wasn't there.

"Where is Porsche gone? He said he was gonna stay until dinner. "

"My dad is on the way, so he slipped out. "

"He seems shy, maybe. " After a brief moment of silence he spoke up.

"Well its better, Vegas isn't the one to easily agree. "

"What will we do if he denied? What if he wants to continue everything like this? "

"He will, I am sure for it, a caged tiger doesn't easily try to runaway, because he knows the consequences he will face once the owner knows he escaped, and it will be on the ones closer and precious to him, so for peace and everything, I might have been the same. "

"But we aren't really taking it as a choice, I want him out, anyhow. "

"That's why I want you to convince him, if he turns my dad down, he and I will leave you two alone for a while, in the name of his recovery, and meanwhile you can show him the things he can't. "

"And Macau? What about him? "

"He is with his mother, we tracked him in Hong Kong, I am only waiting for orders to proceed, as if he is taken, it's like the beginning of a revolt against Kant. "

Kinn's phone rang again, he looked at me, signalling to the door, I went inside Vegas's room, to wake him up, but he was already awake.

"When did you wake up? " He didn't reply, staring in the space.

"Your uncle is here to meet you. " He was still unresponsive, so I went out to greet him.

"Pa, this is Pete, I told you about him."

"Oh.... Yeah.. You are... Vegas's boyfriend, right? Nice to meet you, though I never wanted to meet you for a reason like this, but thank you for being with him in such tough times. "

"He knows it Pa, you don't need to sugarcoat. "

"Nice to meet you Uncle, Vegas is awake though. "

They head in, I was the last one to proceed, scared about how the things will go.

"How are you my son?"

" Just fine, with this plaster and stuff. It's nice until I try to move. "

" Look at you making fun of it. "

"It isn't my first time and definitely I have faced much worse. "

"It's time we should put an end to this. "

"Not again Uncle. "

"It's not the same Vegas, this time things are tough the people.... "

"Wait a second Uncle, Pete can you please leave us alone for a while, I have some things to talk, Kinn will update you later anyways. "

It took me a moment to grasp the situation, I looked at their faces for a second and made my way out, I looked for something like a window, and I got one, I slid open the panes and let the cool air hit on my face.

Fuck.

He knows it before I could tell him, how  come? Maybe he eavesdropped on us? He is gonna be mad, who wouldn't when the secret scars you wanna hide is showed out to someone without your consent, you feel naked and pathetic. I had to be calm now, I have to face him, his questions.