Chapter 20

Rushing to the hospital where I saw Kinn standing with blood all over his shirt, I froze at the sight, my feet were stuck where I was, what has happened to him? Who did it? Will he be okay? So many questions clouded my mind but it seems like all my answers weren't necessary as the only thing I want is him to be alive and safe.

"Vegggass... Where is he? "

"He is being operated... It will take some time... "

"What has happened to him? "

"I don't think I should tell you more as it's a bit messed up. "

"JUST FUCKING TELL ME.... I KNOW... I KNOW ABOUT HIM THAT MUCH TO UNDERSTAND. "

"He might not want me to tell you. "

"It's been 4 months kinn... " Tears brimmed in my eyes and I shut myself up for a minute to not to cry, I can't afford to be weak now.

"Okay... But promise me you will just lock it up inside you and never say it to anyone else. " Kinn said while running his hand in his hair.

" I do. " My voice almost cracked, my throat was stuffed by now.

We went outside, in the waiting area, the surgery was going to be longer, he has a cerebral haemorrhage and it could cost him his life along with multiple fractures in his left arm and limbs.

Kinn came with a glass of water, I deep breathed and took a sip, it was hard to gulp it.

" My father and my uncle, Vegas' father, we are a Mafia Family, My father is the leader and My uncle is the second one in the line, but my father gave up all of this and started in business leading uncle to continue his works by himself. I honestly never wanted to be a part of all this, similarly Vegas, but Uncle forced him to be. "

"Vegas was forced? "

"His mother, my aunt, was killed by Uncle Kant, because she tried to stop him from abusing his own son in the name of training. He lied to Vegas that she was a whore, and broke that little kid's heart. I remember how quiet he became after that, thinking what he did wrong to his mother, my father forbade us from telling him anything as it will take his father away but little did he knows what Vegas was going through. "

"He still thinks his mother left him for someone. "

"His father seperated him from us, never allowed him to play with other kids or do something he really loved, he was left all alone among those dangerous criminals. He was taught how to use weapons, and trained to perfectly execute any mission, as his father used him for this. Whenever he failed to perform anything he used to be beaten or worse given trauma like you can't imagine. His father made him kill animals and people just to test him, whenever he tried to defy, one of his precious people like the servants that raised him were killed. "

"How can someone do this to his own kid? What about your father? Why he didn't do anything if he knows everything? "

"Can you stop anything if I do something to my own kid?"

"Did he  told you? "

"At first he used to, asking me to stop all this as we are like brothers since the beginning, I used to meet him secretly as his dad can't do anything to me, my dad too tried his best to keep Uncle away from him, he used to send him to different countries as an excuse to keep Vegas safe while he was away. "

" That's why he was in foreign."

"Vegas grew up like that, he was scarred and empty because of his highly troubled childhood, his father used to send him for missions, and  sometimes sold him for sexual favours to others, I told him to leave him and come to us but everytime he tried his father blackmailed him about Macau that he will be used if he left, and his own mother never cared about Macau. "

" Is he even human? " My blood boiled as I heard more about it, my heart ached for Vegas, how can he suffer like that, and never said a word to me, was I that much unapproachable? I did wrong to him.

"This time too, he was send to kill a guy, Vegas just left him wounded, he wasn't dead, but you filmed him and his father came to know about you, he got a reason to blackmail him even more. He was sent on missions more frequently than before as it was the only way he could hide you. But still his father's man were hunting you down, I had to leave Porsche with you, but that dumbass took you to a club on top of it and it all ruined, they finally got you and went to get you, hopefully Macau was hidden so Vegas managed to send them away. But he got threat from his father as he can easily send some men to kill you like you never existed, and even worse can make you a prostitute as you were more precious to Vegas. So Vegas agreed and went on his order but that only led him to get double sided by the enemy and being caught. He tried to escape but was beaten badly almost until he was half dead."

"It's all because of me.. I am the one who is responsible for all this... Only If I hadn't been a dick he might never been in trouble. "

" He got you the upper floor in his hideaway house as it will reduce the risk of being caught.  And Uncle didn't even cared to pay him a visit, he might be planning to punish him for failing a mission, and that means you are in danger. "

"I don't want him to suffer anymore, I plead you Kinn just do something and try to save him. "

"I know, but this is something out of our hands all we can do is hide and prevent the worst from happening, as soon as the surgery is done, we will shift him in another secret intensive care home. "

I excused myself and went in the storage room, I dropped on the ground, tear didn't know their way, running down my face until the drops fell on the ground, I was broken by his pain, how could that little soul bear so much, he was still living, he indicated his sufferings but my dumb self could never understand, I was regretting everything, if he didn't woke up I won't be able to forgive myself ever. I never thought this was coming.

But I simultaneously promised myself that I will make sure every person who had hurt him ever will pay for it thrice. I swear they will regret doing anything to him.

Note: If someone never showed you how deep his scars were that doesn't mean it didn't hurt, it's just that he was suffering so much that the pain made him numb and alone. He was rude and a psycho, but no one had ever known he was hurting inside.
My heart broke when I was writing this, because most of this is what actually happened to Vegas in the novel, or even worse as he had no one to rely on...