▒87▒ 🔸 The Royal Hunting competition - 1 🔸

Start from the beginning

As she was scanning the surroundings, she heard a rustle in the bushes behind her. She turned around quickly in a sense of danger.

But she saw Egar, emerging from the bushes, holding his sword in his hand. He looked surprised to see her, and he stopped in his tracks.

"Uh, lady Verita?"
He said, his voice was awkward and distant.

"Umm.. Greetings your Highness the Crown Prince.."
She bowed her head a little for the greetings and stood straight again, her voice was straight but confused.

'What is he doing here
she thought..

"What are you doing here?"
He asked, his eyes narrowing.

"I'm looking around here before the competition starts.."
She says, pointing at her bow and arrow.

"Oh. But don't aimlessly walk here, this area is quite dangerous.."
He said while pointing at the side Anisha was walking.

"Oh, okay.."
Anisha replied..

They stare at each other for a moment, feeling awkward and tense. Anisha doesn't know why Egar is here, or why he seems to be uncomfortable around her. Well, to be honest, she feels the same.

After a few minutes of silent torture, she decides to break the silence and say something polite.

But before her, Egar asked..

"So... how are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, thank you. How about your Highness?"
She replied and asked back.

"I'm good."
He replied.

They fall silent again.

Anisha wondered if she should say something else, or if she should just leave him alone. She doesn't want to be rude, but she also doesn't want to waste time. She remembered that Izana must be waiting for her in front of her tent.

She decided to say goodbye and look for Izana.

"Well... I guess I'll have to take my leave.. Have a good day your highness.."
She said while bowing slightly.

"Sure"
He replied.

She turns around and walks away from him, feeling relieved.
While Egar looked in her direction for some moment before he also walked away.

▪️
▫️
▪️
▫️
▪️
▫️
▪️

The competition began with a loud horn, and the teams disperse into the forest. Anisha and Izana were assigned to hunt a Hart.

A hart is a male deer, especially a red deer over five years old. Harts are usually larger and stronger. Harts have impressive antlers that they use for fighting. Harts are also very agile and fast, making them difficult to hunt. Harts are often considered as symbols of nobility and courage in many cultures.

Anisha was overly excited as they entered the main forest.
The forest was a lush green carpet that stretched as far as the eye could see. The trees were tall and majestic, their branches forming a canopy that filtered the sunlight and cast shadows on the ground. The air was fresh and fragrant, filled with the scents of flowers, herbs, and pine. The forest was alive with sounds: the chirping of birds, the rustling of leaves, the buzzing of insects, and the occasional roar of a wild animal.

Anisha and Izana rode their horses through the forest, and the other person on their team went to the other side looking for the Hart. They mainly planned to separately look for it, as it will be faster. But Izana refused to leave Anisha alone, so that's how it is.

Anisha and Izana were riding their horses through the forest, looking for any signs of prey.

"Hey, Anisha, do you see anything?"
Izana asked, scanning the trees with his eyes.

"No, not yet. Maybe we should go deeper into the forest. I heard there are more deer and rabbits there"
Anisha suggested.

"Good idea. Let's go then. But we have to be careful, I don't want to run into any bears or wolves. Or worse, Egar"

Izana joked, which made Anisha laugh for a while.

"Btw, why did the stupid Evan didn't come out of his tent all morning today? You know I haven't seen him since the morning assembly today."
Anisha said making a sulking face.

"Well, you know how he is. He was just being lazy and escaping from the greedy nobles."

Izana laughed and added,

"He's so lazy and careless all the time. I wonder how he became a prince."

"Well maybe because his father is an Emperor"
Anisha made a sarcastic face and replied.

"Or maybe he bribed the king with his mana stones!"
Izana said.

"Or maybe he blackmailed the queen with his magic tricks!!" Anisha added.

Both of them burst into laughter.. They laughed and chatted as they looked for signs of prey while continuing walking deeper into the forest..

▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️🔴 ⚔️ 🔴▪️▫️▪️▫️▪️

A/N : Hey guys ~

I'm back again.. 😅

Don't forget to vote

Don't forget to vote.. 🤌🏻❤️