Part XIX: Night One

AUTHOR NOTE:

I just wanted to add a little key for some things used in this chapter and the coming chapters! I thought it might be easier if sometimes we could know what Sun and Moon were talking about in their heads, so from now on any test in italics between either a sun (☀︎) or moon () will be the head-conversation!

For example, text between two sun symbols will be Sunny in Moony's head, and reverse!

Okie I'll stop talking now, enjoy the chapter!!!

...

You pull the ring of the tin, peeling back the lid to reveal the cat food. You make you way over to Moon, who still has a cat nested in his lap back at least was able to move to the coach. You hold the tin out for him, and he takes it in his large hands.

Biscuit immediately perks up, and Moon holds the tin out for him, which he happily eats. Moon laughs. "Cats are strange creatures"

"Guess that's... why I like them, they're... they're like me" you smile.

Moon looks up at you, cocking his head to the side. "You're not strange, or a creature" he states.

You shrug. "Ask... ask the kids from my school and... they'll tell you... you're... you're wrong. Think about it, you guys are animatronics and you're the only friends Ive had in years friends in years" you sigh.

"I find that hard to believe, Starshine" Moon says, giving you a soft smile.

You smile back at him. Unfortunately, you weren't lying. You were always outcast, everywhere you went. You were cast out at school with only one friend, who you lost contact with 2 years after you graduated and ended up only contacting again to bring your cat to the hospital for you. In high school you weren't so lucky, and you were alone the whole time.

What you said to Moon you said in full seriousness. He seems to get that from your silence, and he turns away. You two sit there in silence for a painful few seconds before standing and clapping your hands together. "So, uh... did you... wanna do... do something...?"

☽☀︎

Moon's perched at the edge of your bed like a cat, with you glaring at him from your place in the blankets. You should've kept your mouth shut. As soon as you asked Moon if he wanted to do anything, we was scooping you into his arms, walking into your bedroom and tucking you tightly in, "Sleep" was all he said.

"This isn't... isn't what I... meant, you know" you deadpan him.

"But you should sleep. I can tell when you're tired. Did you sleep at all last night?" Moon asks, cocking his head.

You open your mouth to retort, but you can't think of anything. "It... it was a stressful day... yesterday..."

Moon blinks, remembering what you told him happened yesterday. His eyes quickly flick to your throat, softening with guilt. He rests his head on the sheets of your bed, and he his fingers gently float over the bandage. You grab them, fiddling with them between your own fingers. "Moony, it... it wasn't you... you don't... you don't have to worry... about me"

Moon watched you play with his fingers wordlessly. After a long moment of silence, Moon finally stands. "Goodnight, starshine" he says, giving you a soft smile.

You smile back, closing your eyes to fall asleep...

Then you feel something press against your cheek.. It takes you a hot second to realise it's Moon. Moon... kissing your cheek. By the time realisation hits you and your eyes snap open, Moon's already closing the door behind him on his way out.