Part II: The Moon

You needed to try and calm these kids down before this mysterious Moon character comes and pulls you into the depths for shit talking him.

You look for something to distract them. Your eyes land on a piece of empty drawing paper, and an idea pops into your head. You snatch the piece and begin folding it. You learned how to do this by accident when you were a kid trying to win a paper air plane competition.

You inspected the finish place and gave it a nod of approval, then you write your name on the wing. Finally, you sending it flying between the group of bickering and theorising children. They all went silent as they watched the plane spin through the air before turning and returning to you. The kids watch in bewilderment as you catch the plane flawlessly between your fingers.

"You guys wanna make one of these?" You smile.

You can't but help feel a little bit prideful. The children all nod with insane enthusiasm and grab a piece of paper each. It isn't long before the floor was littered with paper planes. Some had failed, and some were effective. At some point, kids had even started experimenting with their own planes that did different tricks.

You were in the middle of helping one child fold another plane when you got the sudden feeling of being watched. You searched around for a few seconds before finally spotting some golden spikes duck behind a slide. You sighed and couldn't help but smile at how kinda cute it was.

You turn back to the child who has finished off the paper plane on their own, and after congratulating them you make one of your own. You turn back to see the golden spikes duck into their hiding place again, but not quite enough, leaving some of the spikes exposed.

You carefully aim your plane before launching it. It sound gracefully in the air before sliding to a halt right next to the spikes. The spikes seem to twirl in curiosity before long fingers drag the plane into the slide. A few seconds later, bright blue eyes peer out. You smiled and try to stifle a wave as you wave the anxious Sun over.

Sun fidgets for a moment before finally crawling from his hiding place and coming to sit next to you. "You wanna make one too?" You ask, holding up a piece of paper.

He smiles and his sun rays spin in joy. That draws the laughter out. Sun eagerly takes the piece of paper and follows your instructions to a T, and he looks so proud of himself when he holds the plane to you for inspection.

You give him an approving smile, which makes his rays spin even faster. "Now ya gotta throw it" You smile and you place the plane back in his hand.

You watch him fiddle trying to figure out how to hold the tiny thing in his long hands and try not to chuckle. Eventually, you sigh and grab his hands and position them so he can actually hold the damn thing.

You can't help but feel him staring at the back of your head, as well as some warmth radiating off him. You shuffle back a little to give him space to throw it, and for a second you think you catch a pink hue fading from his cheeks as his eyes snap off you.

And he throws the plane. He watches in a childlike wonder as the plane spins in through the air (Sun's rays were spinning in a mimic. It was adorable) and slides gracefully next to the plane you threw earlier.

You turn back to him to find his blue eyes and blown up like a cat, and he bouncing in his seat. He seems speechless. He mouths something, but it's too quiet to hear.

"What was that?" You chuckle.

"Another!! Help me make another one!!!" He screams in excitement, getting so close to your face there's only about an inch or two between them.