Part XVI: Watch the World Burn

Rae sighs. "The ambulance is already on the way. Come back in tomorrow to sign some paperwork, then you're fired".

Sun leaps up, fear stricken across his face. "What? No! Please, don't fire them! It... it was my fault! I was the one that attacked them, I was the one that let them do all that! Don't fire them!"

"Shut up, robot"

That makes you snap. You stand from the ground, fuming over to Rae and pointing your finger in their face. "Leave him out of this! He's clearly more than just a fucking robot, Rae! He has feelings and thoughts just like we do! He's worried right now, isn't he? Fucks sake, if I'm calling him my friend does that not mean anything? You know well and good that the other animatronics get treated like that, so what about Sunny and Moony?"

You feel Sunny's hand wrap around your own, and you squeeze it. Rae looks shocked at your sudden outburst, and they narrow their eyes at you. That's when your attention is drawn away by chattering at the door. Two medics are talking to the security guard, Vanessa, and she points over at you. Rae looks back over at you before walking off.

"Sunny, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault, I shouldn't have been so stupid, I should've-"

Sun cups your face in his hands, quieting you. "Shh, Sunflower! It's ok. You just wanted to help, that's not a bad thing at all!"

You lean into his hands, laying your own over one. "I don't... I don't know if I'll be able to... see you again"

"Don't worry about that, Sunflower. You need to get to the hospital. Promise to take care of yourself, ok?"

You nod and strain a smile. "I'll try... I'll try and see you... tomorrow...ok?"

Sunny nods back. You feel someone tap your shoulder, and you turn to face the medics. As they take you away, you flash Sunny the biggest smile you can muster for him and wave. He looks incredibly upset still, but he still smiles and waves.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Sun felt like he could fall apart at any second, but he put on a happy face. All for you. As you were taken from the daycare, he felt empty. Moon was quiet earlier, but Sunny could hear him now, even though it was quiet.

"ĐØ︎₦'₮ ⱠɆ₳VɆ. ĐØ︎₦'₮ ⱠɆ₳VɆ Ʉ₴. ₱ⱠɆ₳₴Ɇ. ₦Ø︎₮ ₳ⱠØ︎₦Ɇ. ₳ⱠⱠ ₳ⱠØ︎₦Ɇ..."

Sun knew what Moon meant now, and why he was so upset. Sunny didn't went to be alone, either. The last of the children fled the daycare, and angry parents screamed at the poor staff who just had to deal with aftermath. He was going to be decommissioned after this, he knew it. He caught Rae send his disgusted looks multiple times, very obviously incredibly annoyed.

"Turn off the automatic lights for the daycare, make sure they don't turn off automatically. If anyone tries to take the security card on the desk, rig it so the lights turn off. Moon will handle them" Sunny caught Rae say.

They were referring to Y/N, they thought they would break in and try to steal the card. Was that the last time he would ever get to see Y/N? Would they be able to come and see him tomorrow, if he wasn't decommissioned by then? Sunny wanted someone to talk to, anyone, and the only people he could ever talk to were gone. The rope descended from the ceiling, and Sun pulled himself his room.

He stayed up there for a long, long time. He didn't know what time it was when he finally pulled himself upright. He just wanted somebody, anybody, to talk to or play with. But that wouldn't be happening any time soon. His joints and machinery felt stiff, and he could barely work up the willingness to take a few steps forward.