Part XV: Downhill

You were pretty winded from all of the running around you had to do, and you were relieved when naptime came. It had been hectic up until now. One upside was some children were taken home early, since apparently Freddy had malfunctioned during the show and would be seen throughout the day, which left a lot of parents or older siblings unhappy and wanting to go home.

You had to call in a few staff bots to bring in more bedding and to also help set it up due to the amount of children. As you set out the beds, you had to tuck children in so you would have to squish everyone into a corner. Finally, just as the wall decoration started to move and the stars in the ceiling lit, you tucked the last few children in.

You sighed, planting your hands on your hips and turning to Sunny. "Thank god we had the staff bots, or some of the kids would be sleeping on the play mats" you chuckle.

Sun laughs with you, clapping his hands together. "You've done a great job this morning, Sunflower! Get some rest while you can during nap time!" He says.

Sun flashes you a big smile and makes his way to his usual spot, right in the centre of the cluster of children. As she sits, turns and gives you another smile just as the lights go dark. As you wait for Moon to switch in, you head to the security desk and start placing the parents paperwork into the filing drawer.

You hear clicks, and then silence. "Heya, Moony" you say quietly as you place the stack of papers into the drawer.

Silence.

You look up and cock your head to the side. Moon is there, casting his gaze over the children in silence. Then, he turns to you, and you feel your stomach drop to the floor.

Red in a sea of black.

Adrenaline kicks in, and you turn to the computer. Your stomach drops even further. You forgot to bring up Moon's control panel. You click around like a mad things as fast as you can, your hands shaking.

A hand wraps around your shoulder, and before you have time to react you're thrown back from the desk, hitting the wall behind the desk. Your head hits the corner of the flashlight recharge station, and you yelp. Moon looms over you, smiling at you. He reached down, aiming for your neck, but you scramble out of the way pushing back the wave of nausea.

You scramble out of the security desk, looking back just as Moon lunges for your ankle. His fingers wrap cold and hard around it, tugging it forcefully towards him. You hesitate, a grave mistake in this situation, before you kick him in the chest.

Moon staggers back, but his hand doesn't loosen. He reached your throat, pulling your off the ground and back towards the security desk. His fingers dig into your skin, and you try and yell at him to stop but it comes out as a loud croak. Moon presses you into the security desk, the back of your neck right on the edge of the top counter adding even more pressure.

You flail your arms around, looking for anything on the desk that you could use. You knock multiple things off the desk that you could have used, and each time you curse at yourself in your head. You knock a monitor off and that's when you feel a heavy box behind it. It's the little Freddy head you found the security card in.

You wrap your fingers around and strike moon in the side of the head. That makes him stagger back, grabbing the now slightly dented side of his head. 'I'm sorry, guys' you say inside your head.

You scramble away from Moon at what you hope is a safe distance, grabbing your bruised throat. "Moon, it's me! It's Y/N! I'm your friend!"

Moon's head snaps to you, cocking to the side. "ĐØ︎₦₮ ⱠɆ₳VɆ"

You blink. What? What did he just say? In your moment of confusion you don't notice Moon moving, and you dove out of the way just as his hand hits the play mats. You look over at the children. They're all sitting up, watching everything unfold. They all whisper to each other, and they all look scared. Moon follows your gaze. "₦₳Ʉ₲Ⱨ₮Ɏ ₵ⱧłⱠĐⱤɆ₦. ₴ⱧØ︎ɄⱠĐ ฿Ɇ ₴ⱠɆɆ₱ł₦₲"