Part XIV: Feelings

"Long time no see. How's the daycare been?" Rae smiles back at you, hopping down the stairs.

"It's been great! I love it there, and Sunny and Moon are so sweet!"

Rae freezes. "Moon? You've met Moon?"

You curse at yourself in your head. Right, daycare attendants weren't supposed to interact with Moon. "We'll, at least I... I assume Moon's sweet, given he's an extension of Sunny. I... I haven't actually met him yet"

Rae laughs. "Trust me, you don't want to! He's bad news. Just try and steer clear of the daycare when it's dark, ok? In fact, steer clear of anywhere if it's dark."

You strain a smile, curse your lack of lying skills. "Uh... yeah sure. If you don't mind me asking, you look really tired. Is everything ok?"

Though you were trying to change the subject, that question was also partly serious. It was hard to ignore the giant eye bags. Rae groans. "Not really, the animatronics have been such a handful recently. Monty's been using his new claws to tear up his green room, Chica keeps shorting out the others with her new voice box, Roxy has been getting snarky with parents recently, and people are starting to complain about Freddy's run"

"What's wrong with his run?"

"They're saying it scares the kids when he charge-shuffles across the building and shakes the whole floor with the force of it"

"Ah..."

"Not to mention we just found out that there's something beneath the building taking power and making our power bills skyrocket, so we have to figure out what that's about"

"This is why we need more staff! Who's helping you with these?"

"Two other technicians, but if we get more staff that means less pay for all of us, and sometimes the pay isn't enough for the shit I have to put up with..."

"I'd love to give you hand if I could, but the daycares been kind of the same recently..."

Rae sighs and runs a hand through their hair. "Alright, I better get going. I have some last minute stuff to get sorted before I can head home"

You nod. "Yup, and I have a cat that's been getting angrier with the the past few nights"

Rae laughs at that. You say your goodbyes, and just as you're almost at the doors Rae stops you. "Oh, Y/N! By the way, I'm serious about avoiding the daycare when it's dark, ok? I know it's easy to get attached to Sun, but Moon is a whole other character. Please avoid him, ok? I don't want you getting hurt"

You feel a quick flash of anger at the way Rae was talking about Moony, but it's gone as soon as it came. You flash them a thumbs up and head out.

☽☽☽

Per usual, Biscuit is waiting by his food bowl for you, glaring at you the second you walk in the door. "I know, I know. You used to be so cuddly and now you're grumpy all the time..." You sigh.

Biscuit meows, and he smooches your hand as your dumping a can of food into his bowl. You laugh. "Alright, alright! I forgive you!"

Biscuit licks your hand before he starts eating, and it's only then you realise how hungry you are. Usually you had your break during nap time, but from today that would no longer be an option. And to boot, you're an idiot so you often don't eat breakfast in the morning. You pull some ginger ale from your fridge and make some instant ramen. Yup, that seemed suitable for a full day of nutrients.

You told yourself you would make a sandwich or something tomorrow. You started thinking about the next day while you ate. You still needed to confront Moon about what he thought about to push away the malfunction, and he seemed pretty adamant on keeping that to himself earlier.