Chapter 18

Peters POV

"Well welcome to Neverland Skylar..." Kye said as he welcomed Skylar. He leaned over to her ear and mumbled something that none of us could hear. He walked away into the forest and she just walked over to the table.

"Nothing to see here!" Felix shouted and everyone scattered away back to their own little things.

We walked toward Skylar and as she sat up Felix pushed her shoulder so she would sit down.

"Have a seat." I joked. Especially knowing she couldn't get back up with me and Felix right here.

"What do you want now, Peter?" She asked under her breath. I barely even heard her.

"What happened back there?" I quickly questioned.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Skylar lied.

"Cut the crap Skylar, tell me what happened back there just a second ago!" I ordered slamming my fist on the table.

She looked up and glanced somewhere and immediately looked back down at her hands.

"Again I don't know what you're talking about Peter." She lied.

"So what did he say to you that none of us could hear? I'd like to know what he said."

"He just welcomed me to Neverland again...that's all." She once again lied.

"Really?" I asked. She just slightly nodded her head not bothering to look away from her lap. "Okay so if I were to have Kye accompany you everywhere you wouldn't mind?"

This got her attention. She looked up directly at me with her eyes wide and her body seemed to tense even more.

"I...I mean...mean if th...that's wha...wha...t you wan...want...um oka...okay." Sky quickly stuttered.

I glanced at Felix seeing that he was observing her during this conversation. He nodded his head and I looked back at Sky.

"Do you know each other?" I asked.

"No...never seen him in my life." She uttered looking back down at her lap.

"Okay fine. If you say so." I shrugged my shoulders and stood up. Felix copied my movement. I nodded my head toward where Kye was and Felix luckily knew what I wanted. Felix walked over to Kye and tapped him on the shoulder. Felix mumbled something to Kye and both of them walked over toward me and Sky.

"What's up Peter?" Kye questioned.

"I need to talk with Felix about something and I need you to watch her," I replied.

Kye shrugged his shoulders and nodded, "Sounds good to me." He sat across from Sky and she didn't even look up.

"We will be back," I said walking off with Felix.

-----

Skylar POV

As Kye sat across from me both Peter and Felix walked off.

"Hello, Sky." Kye greeted.

I looked up at him, "Don't call me that." I snapped.

His eyebrow arched and a glare came, "You want to repeat that?"

I shook my head quickly, "I'm sorry." I mumbled.

I turned my attention to where Felix and Peter were and back at Kye.

"They'll find out you know?" I said.

His glare sent shivers down my spine, "If they do, I'll find some way to kill you."

"I'll tell them." I threatened.

"Tell them and I'll start killing off any Lost Boy you get close to." He warned. We both turned to see Felix and Peter walking toward us. "Oh and I'd start listening otherwise me and you will have more little talks just like this. And then I'll make it worse for you to live here. What's that saying again?" He asked in a smug tone. When I didn't answer he just answered it himself, "Oh that's right. I'll make your life a living Hell."

Peter sat by Kye while Felix sat down next to me.

"You're free to leave Kye. Thank you for watching her." Peter said staring at me. I didn't look at him though. All I did was look away from Kye and back down to my lap.

Kye left without a word. Just the shivers that I had from his glare.

"You seem quiet since you met Kye." Felix pointed out.

"Yeah sorry just um... everything is finally sinking in I guess." I half lied.

"Are you sure you haven't met Kye before?" Peter once again asked.

"Yeah I've never seen Kye before." I lied.

-----

Peters POV

She was lying to us. The way she tensed when he walked over was unmistakable. She's hiding something from us. And if she knows him then he's lying to me too.

"Felix something's up between those two," I mumbled as we both looked in their direction. She noticed us looking so we both looked away.

"She's lying and I want to know why," I stated.

"He's staring at her with the glare that none of us likes," Felix said nodding in their direction. And as I turned toward Sky and Kye he was right. The glare he was giving her was deadly.

"We should head back over there before something happens," I suggested.

"Agreed."

As we walked back Kye mumbled something to Sky and she looked down as we sat down.

"You're free to leave Kye. Thank you for watching her." I thanked him but not looking away from Sky. He got up and left. We waited till he got far enough away so we could talk again. Once he did Felix spoke up.

"You seem quiet since you met Kye." Felix pointed out.

"Yeah sorry just um... everything is finally sinking in I guess."

It makes sense. Somehow I feel she's still lying to me.

"Are you sure you haven't met Kye before?" I asked once more.

"Yeah, I've never seen Kye before." Sky said. And from what I can see she's lying.

I leaned in closer that way only the three of us could hear each other.

"Why are you lying to me?" I slowly asked.

She looked up at me, "Why would you think I'm lying to you." She mumbled.

"How about the fact that when you first saw him you froze. And when I brought his name up you froze and stuttered."

"Peter I don't know what you're talking about." Skylar once again lied.

"So if I go ask him would you stop me?" I asked.

"Don't do that." She warned.

"Why not?" Felix asked.

She slowly looked over toward the campfire and immediately back over at me and Felix.

"Just trust me on this guys. You'll regret it if you don't drop it."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Felix questioned.

"Please just drop it." Skylar pleaded.

Just as we were about to interrogate her further Nibs came up to the table with half worry and half happiness.

"Nibs we're in the..."

Nibs cut me off, "The twins are arguing."

"Okay so..."

Nibs once more cut me off, "Yeah Logan pushed Leo...in the fire pit."

Both of us jumped up running toward the fire pit.