Chapter 3

Skylars POV

I'd woken up getting ready to do...well, nothing. I decided to pick out a maroon sweater I made during our trip to England. I had a pair of ripped jeans that I got from a flea market in 2014. One of the perks of the Jolly Roger was we could travel anywhere and at anytime. It just had to be over a year or more. But we couldn't go past 2022, since we can't travel to the future. Which would've been awesome.

The shoes I decided to wear were from the flea market. They were called Vans and seemed like a pretty popular shoe brand. And they were cute, so I just had to 'borrow' them from the person who was selling them. Okay, it's called stealing. I hated stealing things from others, but, my father says that it's something they won't miss in the future. It never made me feel any better about myself. Guess I'm the worst kind of pirate, the type with a heart who actually feels bad for doing bad things.

Let me tell you, it's quite frustrating at times.

I turned to see the door handle being unlocked by a pirate who had helped me to sword fight over the years. He was one of the older ones who should go into retirement like Smee. We called him Old-Tide Sammy. I had noticed that he was exhausted and sweaty. I fear he might pass out or have a heart attack.

"What's wrong Sammy?" I asked.

"Peter Pan is here with the Lost Boys, and your father wants me to make sure you stay in this room with someone who's good with swords." He said, shutting the door behind him.

Peter Pan? Who the heck is that?

He grabbed my dark oak chair I used to read books whenever we were heading to someplace new. It was relaxing in away. I felt safe reading and that I was actually in the book.

I switched back to reality, realizing what Sammy was saying, "Well, we need to fight them!" I said, grabbing my sword we had stolen from one of the palace guards in London.

Sammy grabbed the sword and had put it in the hilt of where his sword should be. Not my sword, his sword.

"Sammy, give me my sword back!" I yelled.

"Shh. We don't want them knowing where we are." He whispered.

I looked at him confused and puzzled at what he was trying to say. I could tell my eyebrow was lifted, it's what I do when I have no clue what people are trying to say.

"Your father thinks that they're here for you."

"What? Why? I don't know them. They shouldn't even know that I'm here." I looked at him and started giggling at him. I don't understand why, but I did.

He looked at me confused, "I'm not lying, Sky."

Sky was a nickname the crew gave me. After all, each of us needed some kind of nickname. Except my father, he got furious when we called him one-handed captain. Doesn't make sense, but half the crew was drunk that night. Actually, they were drunk almost every day. Still don't know how we run out of food but not out of Rum.

"This is for running off last night. I'm already being locked in my room, and now I need a babysitter?"

"This isn't a joke!" Sammy said, raising his voice more than he wanted. You could tell by his facial expression. That's when I heard the sound of shoes coming this way. I memorized every pirate's shoe sound from a few inches from my room to my door handle, and it was nobody I knew.

"Give me my sword, so I can fight Sammy." I mumbled.

"Not a chance. I swore to your father that I would protect you, and that means confiscating your sword."

That's when the door was knocked down by a tall boy who had dirty blonde hair and a scar that was somewhat on his eye. He'd broken my chair and door (obviously) trying to get in.