Chapter 12: Sin of Lust

Earth, Nov. 18th 2016 @6:12 PM. After leaving the city, and now far from the abundance of life, the two white-cloaks walked with Genji still trapped.

Around them were broken down, forgotten homes. And while they did escape the masses, there was still hollow life around. Humans and animals were almost entirely stripped away of their basic needs, having to make do with what was around in the overgrown and infested houses. An area dubbed as Poor Man's Land. Perfect for the homeless, and even better for hideouts.

They walked to the barely hinged front door and opened it with care. If it wasn't for the rot and swarms of insects, the house would look rather beautiful. They walked down steps to enter the incredibly moss-ridden basement to greet a special someone sitting by their lonesome on a chair. The dim fluorescent light brought a tropical green shade to the room.

"We have brought him, darling." The taller cloak said.

She raised her head and removed her hood, which dissipated her wolf-mask and smeared her paint covering away at the same time to reveal that nightmarish blonde hair that's been provoking his life since childhood.

"Alyssa..." Genji murmured.

"Pop the bubble."

The taller cloak raised their hand and squeezed her hand, causing a ringing 'pop' throughout the room. Genji fell on his rear, but the pain he felt was nothing compared to what he felt on the inside.

"What...what the hell are you doing? Do you really want to-"

"Shut up, worm."

Genji sat there in silence. He knew he was stronger and didn't have to listen to her, but with the memories flooding back in, fear was beginning to well up.

"I'm sure you haven't realized it by now, so I'll do the honors. Meet Amber," Alyssa said, pointing at the smaller cloak. His eyes widened, remembering her and the things she's done.

That's right, Zoey did mention Amber that day. I didn't think too much about it...but now that we're here, how did she end up abducted?"

"Oh, and of course, the mightiest of them all, Katrina." She said, pointing at the taller one.

A pit sank his internals into an endless abyss, the feeling never letting up. His lips quivered as he stared at Katrina's back.

"Katrina?! Is it really you?! It's me, Genji!" he pleaded, but she gave no response.

"She's not listeninggggg. Almost like she doesn't care."

He shifted his attention back to Alyssa with furrowed brows, "What did you do to her? To them?! What are you planning?!"

"Psh, you should be groveling at my feet right now. I'm the reason why they're not suffering by some angels right now."

"Wha? What do you mean?"

Alyssa, who sat with her legs crossed, switched them. She then pressed her finger against the side of her skull, "they chipped us while we were there. She could see what we saw, hear what we heard, probably even smell too."

"She? Who is this 'she'?"

"The Queen, obviously."

Genji could only imagine what this ferocious and unempathetic queen could look like.

"Anyway, she monitored everything. One little misstep and it's a brain shock for us, along with some mind control. But these two were a special case. With how strong they are spiritually, they weren't given a chance at free will," Alyssa said. She took her eyes off Genji to look at Katrina and Amber individually, "yep, I managed to cut the chip out their heads and save them from fighting you for the sake of angels, so gross."