Chapter 1: Their Beginnings

Earth, Nov. 19th 2016 @4:00 PM. A blank void stretched out the horizon in front and all around him. There wasn't a speck of life to be seen or heard. Even the humming of the wind went dead silent. He looked down at his hands, still dripping that crimson horror that ripped away at his spirit. Like his breath, his hands begun to tremble.

I killed them...All of them. My friends and family are all dead because of me. Because I'm not strong enough. Why did I wish for this life? People like me aren't allowed to hold dreams.

All thoughts ceased. Without anything in this world left to hold him down, he took a step, and then another, and then another. One in front of the other again, and again, and again. Until his body gave out.

But how did he get here? What events led to this pinnacle of despair? To start with, we'll have to go back 16 years to his birth. 

This is the story of Genji Amasaki. 

Hell, Oct. 30th 2000 @11:50 PM. Outside was like any other night. The crimson soil and grass hosted patches of dwindling, warm flames. This time of year, the fire tends to be on the cooler side.

The mystery as to why the moon disappeared from Hell has yet to be discovered, so during the night, people rely on man-built light and scattered flames that naturally rise from the ground to luminate their path. The sky is a dooming, blood red with clouds stretched across like a blanket. The fire and lights help, but demon eyes have evolved through the millenniums to be more efficient at night. During the day, however, the clouds part to make space for the bright blue sky and the glowing sun, yet another mystery in Hell. 

While the outside life was normal, no one knew the history of Hell would change in a matter of minutes, all inside of a hospital.

"Grrghh...AAGHH!!" A woman's scream rang in nearby eardrums.

"Regret not taking that epidural?" A man standing by her bed said.

"Errgh- NO I DON'T!! THIS BABY...WILL COME OUT ANY MOMENT NOW!!" She responded through rapid, heavy breaths.

"Madam Amasaki, please slow down! You're hyperventilating." The nurse at the end of the bed said.

Inside of this hospital room were the King and Queen Consort of Hell. Sung-Ho, a Korean man and Sayaka, a Japanese woman. They both had black hair and brown eyes.

Sayaka slowed her breathing down, but was still in incredible pain.

"You know, you think it'd be easier...given this is my second time."

"Well, you're not wrong. But you had epidural last time."

"Oh...you're right, I did."

"What made you decide against it again?"