Freedom

"Can you hear me? Jieun...Oh god...I can't lose her. Not her...please...not her," Jungkook mumbled in frustration as he continued to press his hand over her bare abdomen for water to come out of her system.

"I...Jieun...please open your eyes...god!! " Jungkook cried out. He did everything to wake her up, but it all went in vain. He got up from his knees for his phone to call for help and noticed pills on the vanity. It didn't take much time for him to understand what she did to herself. Jungkook got on his keens again beside her and put two fingers inside her mouth down her throat to make her vomit.

" dammit. You can't leave me. I won't let you go. Not until I want. " He mumbles, and Jieun starts coughing. He made her lean against his chest and put fingers on her throat to make her vomit.

Jieun vomits out the pills from her stomach and starts to cough terribly. Jungkook slowly rubs her back to make her feel good. She's still unconscious. Jungkook takes her hand and feels her hand getting cold. He got petrified and took her to the hospital.

Jungkook never thought Jieun would do something like this. She can be bold, disobedient, rude, and spoiled, but not this. Again, Jungkook blames himself for this. If he had control of his anger, things would never get dirty. He was on edge to lose her. If he hadn't forgotten his phone in her room. He would lose her forever. He just got there on time.

It took five days for Jieun to open her eyes. Jungkook was there by her side all the time. The fear has built up a strong house in his heart. He barely takes a nap these days. He feels like if he closed his eyes for a moment, he would lose her.

In these five days, Jungkook acts like a crazy man. He would hit himself sometimes for failing to protect her. Sometimes he would cry beside her and beg her to wake up. He had been so vulnerable all these days. Even his friend couldn't calm him down.

Once Jieun was stable,. She realised that she was alive and back in hell. The death she thought only she could handle turned out wrong. God has proved her wrong and chosen to keep her alive by sending Jungkook to her room in time to save her, just like he did 11 years ago.

"Why did you do that?" was the first thing Jungkook asked. He's happy that she's better now. Also, he wants to know why she tried to end her. To him, he had done everything for her to give her happiness. Then why did she choose this?

I tried to escape from you, but I failed," she thought, keeping her mouth shut.

"Jieun, answer me," Jungkook said softly.

"I'm tired of living. So I thought about dying. I want to know how it feels to be dead and be a ghost," she said. Jungkook didn't buy her sh*t. He rolls his eyes.

"You think. It's funny, huh? Do you know how worried I was about you? I thought I had lost you. Why are you so selfish? Just why?. I give you everything. Still, you want to die. Why, just why?. What are you lacking in your life?" He asked.

"Freedom," she said. Then push before speaking up again.

"self-respect"

" choice "

Jieun said and looked up at him, just to see a messy Jungkook staring at her with lots of emotions in his eyes. Jieun couldn't figure out what his eyes were trying to say.

Jieun looked away from him and down at her lap, fidgeting with her finger. She was thinking, What will he do with her now? She tried to end her life for him. She doesn't want to be with him anymore. She wants to live, but not with him.

" Fine. If that is what you want, then I'll give it to you. Freedom, respect, choice...you'll have everything, but in return..." Jieun looked up at Jungkook with a bit of amusement as she heard him agree with her.