Ch. 1

"You don't need to freak out about this, Khristi. I know that you have been having money problems lately, paying for medical costs for your late father and all, so I thought you would like a chance to save up some cash." Mr. Park explained, trying to calm me down.

"How did you think I would react after seeing that place, my current house is the size of a single room from there!" I said, my voice growing louder each time I spoke. "There is no way. I can't live there by myself..."

"I never said that you would be alone..." Mr. Park added, a smile on his face.

Glancing over, I squinted my eyes at him in suspicion. "So who would I be living with?" I asked, wondering what he had planned in that mischievous mind of his.

Mr. Park continued, seeing that he had my attention. "I have a friend who needs to send some of his, uh, family here for a while. A lot is going on with him, so he wants to make sure they are safe and cared for." He explained.

I sighed, then spoke, looking away from Mr. Park. "I refuse to babysit a group of little brats. If your friend has enough money to send them here, they are sure to be a bunch of stuck up rich kids."

Mr. Park shook his head and leaned forwards in his chair. "They are not a bunch of kids, they are all around your age, but some really bad things are going on, so he wants the whole group to move here for a while."

I glanced back over to Mr. Park as he said that, but I looked away when he met my gaze. "How many of them are there anyways?" I asked, slightly curious.

He just smiled. "Ten." He replied, and my jaw dropped. I heard him laugh to himself.

"Ten? Okay, yeah, I'm not moving there." I sighed, rubbing my forehead. Sharing a house with ten people. Even if it is a mansion, I'm bound to feel claustrophobic with all them there and what's worse, they are all strangers.

"You have always been this way, ever since you were a little girl. As stubborn as they come." Mr. Park laughed.

I turned towards him and looked at my hands in my lap. "Uncle, don't talk about my childhood while we are at work..." I mumbled, then heard him laugh once more.

"Just let your Uncle help you out every once in a while." He smiled, placing a hand on my cheek.

".....fine....." I sighed, giving in to his request.

"That's my girl, now go home and pack. I will have the movers come over and help you with everything tomorrow." He smiled. Just then, the new intern knocked on the door.

"Mr. Park, your meeting with Mr. Choi begins in five minutes." She said, looking down at the folders in her arms. "You will be discussing which company will head the Black Pearl Project and which will be in charge of the White Lotus Event."

My Uncle nodded, but sighed. "Thank you Minji." At his words, she turned, but he called her name, causing her to return to the doorway. "Minji."

"Yes, Sir?" She asked.

"I don't like being called Mr. Park. Please, call me Sungsoo. You don't have to be super formal around the company. We're one big family anyways." He smiled.

"Yes, Sir-uh, Sungsoo." She nodded, then turned and made her way to the meeting room. At that, I decided to take my leave.

"Okay, I'll be on my way then. I'll call you when I'm done." I said, then stood, heading towards my uncle's office door. As I opened the door and stepped out into the hall, I turned and looked at my smiling uncle. "Thank you."

He waved me goodbye, and watched as I walked down the hall to the employees break room. Once there, I quickly clocked out and grabbed my coat from my locker.