Chapter Twenty Eight

Gravity
Chapter Twenty Eight

___________________________________

Freaked out was an understatement.

Eli stared blankly at the torn drawing for hours until she finally forced herself to look away when her eyes started dropping. Though when she went to lay down to try and rest, she could never actually fall asleep. His face was clouding her mind like a thick fog.

She had never actually saw his face before. Of course she has seen it in the dreams, but even the dreams were never as detailed and clear as the drawing was. She asked herself if it was truly him but deep down she knew that it was. She could feel it.

Eli had finally fallen asleep only thirty minutes before the sun risen– usually the time her new patrol times were supposed to end. Also meaning that she had went a full twenty four hours without sleep until then.

Though once she feel asleep she almost wished that she hadn't.

"You still haven't done it." Dakota sighed heavily, sitting on the chair that was in the corner of a bedroom with his arms crossed and a scowl set on his features. Dakota had been showing up in her dreams exactly like this. There was no more wolves. No more vampire. No more forests. Just a bedroom. Though she much preferred this rather than the other sceneries that were often chosen for her.

"How many times do I have to tell you? You must do it–"

"–Before he comes back. Yeah, I know." Eli sighed heavily and placed the book she was reading down. Though the book wasn't actually a book. It felt and looked like a book, but it was wordless inside her mind. "But I never remember when I'm awake."

"You foolish girl!" Dakota exclaimed in frustration. "You remember! You just choose to ignore me. As you always do!"

"I don't ignore you." Eli frowned. "I've done pretty much everything you've wanted me to. Granted, it never turned out well, but I'll get there eventually. But marking my imprint? That's a big step to take. I'm not even sure if I want to be with him like that! Or if he wants to be with me like that! We still have a choice of free will, Kota, and I'm not going to forget that just because the stupid supernatural connection you guys have given us. It's... stupid!" She exclaimed, tossing the book to the side and sitting up.

"It is not stupid, Elizabeth. Do you know how many people would die at the chance to find their soul mate? And then have the connection you could have with yours? It's not about offspring. It's not about being romantic. It's about the connection. The connection to have someone there that would understand you inside and out. Something much stronger than normal imprinting." He told her, his voice rising in passion. "Only you have the power to make the mark, Elizabeth. Do you know what the mark does?"

"Yes, I know." She grumbled, her face pulled into one of frustration. "But even you said that I'm not remembering it now because of the connection I'm growing with the pack. If I don't remember then how do I do it?"

"You'll know." He pressed his lips together and stood from the chair. "For now, worry about the drawings your brother found."

"Yeah, thanks to you." She huffed. "I chose to stop drawing for a reason, Dakota! Because they got weird! Now we have the drawings that probably isn't even accurate! What if it's wrong? I knew I should have burned them!"

"You have a talent that I didn't. A talent that could have saved me. So, You will go and show them to your pack." Dakota told her sternly. "You will explain everything. You will remember.. and if not.. then you're all in trouble, aren't you?"

"That's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair, my girl. Now wake up, go to your pack and explain to them. Also, do not forget–"