Chapter Twenty Six

Gravity
Chapter Twenty Six

___________________________________

The large brown and black spotted wolf hopped over a tree, landing flawlessly on the other side. She continued towards the north side of the reservation, excited that her patrol was almost over. She spent the last five and a half hours patrolling with Sam and Jared, and fortunately for them, her mind-link was limited. Unfortunately, theirs was not. They always seemed for forget that she was patrolling with them, until she would speak up and remind them that she was there.

Sam encouraged Eli to work on sharing with them, but she was struggling. She was used to keeping everything to herself, locked away, and sharing wasn't her strong suit. He suggested easy things, showing them her surroundings, which she could already do without thinking too hard about it, but she found that sharing her whereabouts was hard. She didn't understand why, but she found herself getting angry every time they asked where she was and she had to respond and tell them where she was.

Sam quickly noticed her irritation only by the second time they asked.

He was growing irritated as well, though he tried to push his irritation away. He allowed her to take a break from it when they made progress. Which was her calling them "fucking idiots" in a mix of other profanities and unkind words in a burst of anger. He realized that anger made progress in this situation. Her guard went down when she was angry, meaning they had free rage for a few seconds.

And from getting a glimpse inside, they realized she was actually a violent person. They wondered how she managed to keep so calm– unlike Paul.

'I caught a scent!' Jared informed. He was located on the east side of the reservation, nearing Forks. 'It's fresh but I can't figure out which direc– Oof!'

'Eli, call for the pack!' Sam ordered, the two shifters already running full speed towards their pack mate.

Eli howled loudly; the first time she had ever called for the others. She could faintly see Jared fighting off a female leech. Her dark curly hair being the only feature Eli seemed to come to notice first. She was strong, but Eli knew that she wasn't as strong as Jared.

'Fuck!' Jared cried out when his leg got twisted. Luckily he managed to get out of her hold before she actually broke it.

Or maybe she was pretty damn strong...

'New born!' Sam immediately informed them.

'Not again..'

'Did she just cross onto our lands? Or did you miss one again?'

'Are you sure it's a new born?'

'Did his leg get snapped?'

'Is everyone okay?'

'Fucking leeches!'

The familiar voices of the people Eli now called family and friends echoes throughout her head. Their thoughts all at once, much too loud for her to properly comprehend, which made her slightly irritated.

She growled in annoyed when she couldn't seem to run any faster than she already was. 'Shut the fuck up!' Eli thought loudly. A little too loud because everyone heard it. Though they seemed to ignore it, because they all felt the same at one point. Or more specifically; every single day, multiple times a day.

Jared was obviously struggling. Every time he would almost take down the leech, it would find a way back up again. It was very persistent in wanting to kill him. Which almost happened from the cracked ribs he was currently suffering through.