[101] hide and seek

After breakfast at the Silogan ni Gian, they immediately went to the hospital.

Jiro parked his car in the underground parking and to his surprise, Kei kissed him goodbye on the cheek. "Thank you for waking up earlier to meet my Nana even if you got home late last night." Then she sprinted out of his car.

"Later!" she shouted as if she didn't want to get caught riding his car.

Kei really appreciates the gesture that he came today. She bet Jiro only had a few hours of sleep. He deserved that small reward.

Jiro could only shake his head as he grabbed his bag from the back seat and also headed out of the parking lot.

He intentionally walked slowly not to be on the same elevator with her, who probably doesn't want to reveal their relationship yet. But to his dismay, she was still waiting for the elevator, so eventually, despite all her efforts, they had to take the elevator together.

Jiro made a chuckle while Kei could only sigh and smile as she shook her head. As if someone heard her prayer, it was just the two of them.

When they were finally inside the elevator, "Uhm, what kind of setup do you want to have when we're at work?" Kei asked him while looking at their reflection in the elevator. Both of them stood relatively three feet away from each other.

"I'm fine with anything. As long as it won't interfere with work, everything's good. How about you?" He looked at her casually.

"Well, technically I am not an employee of the hospital so I guess there's no conflict of interest..." Kei agreed as if a huge burden was unloaded off her chest.

Sensing her relief, Jiro leaned a little closer to her. "You are not meant to be hidden, Elise." He whispered in her ears.

Kei suddenly felt her ears turning red as she felt giddy inside. Before she could keep her distance, Jiro reverted to his posture as if nothing happened.

She then cleared her throat, "Well, I don't want to hide it, but I don't want to flaunt it either. The fewer people who know, the better right? Besides, sooner or later, they'll know it too." She uttered then signaled him to lean closer.

"Let's just enjoy the thrill of hide and seek." Then she winked at him.

Jiro grinned, "Ohh. So you want a thrill huh? Okay then. We will take things as they are." He smirked.

Then the door opened and Kei stepped out first, tapping her chest, calming herself while Jiro was secretly grinning behind her.