[9] Nana

Manila.

Kei arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport and there she saw her "Nana". She did not manage to make it a "surprise" as her Nana was very observant.

Kei saw her with all smiles as she was waving her arms joyfully as if welcoming an OFW who did not come home for the longest time. When Kei was finally close, she immediately jumped at her Nana and hugged her as tight as she could as she really missed this great woman who practically raised next to her parents.

Her Nana has always looked younger for her age. She is already 73 years old but she could still pass as 60. She had edgy long pixie hair with highlights. She may have wrinkles in her eyes but her face has maintained that delicate beauty over the years.

It may not be in comparison to the young ones but those who could see this old lady could say that she has aged beautifully. She also has a fair complexion and has emphasized the assets on her face with the right amount of makeup for her age.

She was wearing a striped 3/4 sleeved white sweater with pants and a red topsider. With a black silk scarf on her shoulders and a black handbag, this lady truly had a classic sense of fashion which she has taught to her grandchildren.

But her hands revealed her true age as they clearly showed how she had worked hard over the years.

"Nana, I can't breathe. We just saw each other last Christmas."

"Your cheeks and arms are getting thinner!? My God, Elise! Are you starving yourself? You've earned enough to make my life worry-free, don't go back to Singapore. I will feed you here." Nana Lorns uttered worriedly as she scrutinized her granddaughter whom she cherished dearly.

"Nana, relax! This figure is in. But I promise I will eat properly now that I'm here. I missed your Menudo, your Sinigang, and Sweet and Sour Tilapia." Kei commented with wide eyes not hiding her anticipation with the thought about all the delicious dishes her granny can cook. The thought about eating all those was enough to make her mouth water.

Kei thought that once her Nana finally welcomed her, they would immediately sprint out of the airport but she got curious when she noticed that her Grandma continued to look at the arrivals seemingly as if waiting for someone else to arrive other than her. When she finally got slightly jealous at how her grandma is behaving she finally called her out.

"Na, who else are you waiting for aside from me?" She snorted as her brows met.

"Where is your boyfriend? Isn't he with you?" Her Grandma suddenly remarked still trying to look at every guy who passed by the arrival area.

Kei suddenly laughed out loud and started to drag her grandma out of the airport.

"Nana, I don't have one yet!"

"That sucks! When I was your age I already have two kids and found the love of my life. You should start looking for a man, I don't want you to be an old maiden! You can't marry your work." Nana Lorns uttered with all the seriousness she could possibly make.

"When I was in college, you don't want me to have a boyfriend. Now that I don't have one, you kept on looking for my boyfriend." Kei nagged at her Nana as she recalled how strict she was back then.

"Sus, Nana. With Ate Kei's looks, it is impossible that she never dated abroad." Kei's cousin, Chloe butted in. The girl was a petite lady with a fair complexion and had shoulder-length hair. She also had the signature Chinita eyes and long lashes. She was wearing a white chiffon sleeveless blouse paired with black walk shorts and white sneakers. She is still a college student.

"I only said, you should enjoy your single life first before settling down. Not to stay single forever." Nana clarified herself.

"If I become an old maiden, then I'll just live with you and some dogs... Ouch!" She tucked her arms to her Grandma like how she used to when she was a kid but she received a pinch on her waist instead. Her nana pinched her side to signal that she disliked her remark because the latter wanted her to get married and have her own family.

"You are still a young, wise, and very beautiful woman... very jowable..." But Nana was cut off.

"Nana! You know what jowable means?" Kei laughed at her discovery.

"Ate, Nana's favorite hobby these days is to Netflix and chill. She's becoming a "feelingennial". Don't be surprised if you'll see her on Tinder next." Chloe rebutted as she pushed Kei's cart of luggage.

"Let her be. Nana is still jowable too." Kei joked as she also placed her other arm to Chloe's shoulders. "How about you? Do you also have a 'jowa'?" Kei asked her cousin.

"Ate, with Nana's eagle eyes no one can get past her and besides I still don't have time for that, I am vying for Summa so I'm focusing on that." Chloe further added with a proud smile.

"Very good! I am proud of you." As Kei pinched her cheeks like she used to then whispered in Chloe's ear, "You can tell me the truth about the guy I saw on your IG, is he the one? Don't worry your secret is safe with me." Kei winked at Chloe which made the latter blush secretly.

"Heh! What is all the whispering? You two are hiding something from me again?" Nana Lorns started to nag the two pretty ladies with her.

The two laughed when they heard her remark. "Nothing Na. I am just catching up with Chloe here." Kei then winked at her Nana who was already looking at the two with brows furrowed.

"Let's go. I'm hungry! Let's eat so Nana won't be hangry." Kei then dismissed the topic as she was happily clinging to her Nana on their way out.

Along NAIA Expressway, an electronic billboard showed an Ad about a handsome young doctor who was smiling at the camera about the customized health care mechanism the hospital offers- then at the end of the video the image of the hospital flashed with the doctor in front as the name of the hospital came out...

Umbrella Medical Center...