[24] Kei the flash

Kei didn't know if she would continue staring at him or if she will hide her face out of embarrassment. This is not how she envisioned their first meeting would be.

But to see the way his Chinito eyes looked at her proudly plus his smile, it was as if she could melt on the spot. This made her conscious on how she look now.

The photo she saw didn't give justice to his handsomeness up close. From his eyes to his perfectly sculpted lips.

But to break her reverie,

"Uhm, you still have one more. The previous one was the anti-tetanus shot and now this is for rabies. Are you ready?" He simply asked. Noticing her hesitancy again, he was ready to give another speech again but, he heard her respond "...okay" in a low voice. She's not adamant anymore after knowing his capabilities, maybe it calmed her, he thought.

"Miss Kei, just look down or look at Doc Jiro's face instead. Choose your distraction." Faye whispered to Kei's ears naughtily, which she received a pinch from Kei.

And before Kei could even rebut, Jiro moved closer to her arm once more, pressed it lightly, and proceeded with the injection. Kei flinched with the contact; 30% due to injection, 70% due to his touch especially now that she is aware of who her doctor is.

Then, she felt a medical tape attached to her arm indicating that Doc Jiro is done with it.

"All right... Be back after three days for the second dose", Jiro replied casually as he threw the syringe on the tray and instructed the nurse to give her a glass of water to calm her down.

"You might experience muscle pain in your arm, a stinginess which is completely normal..." Jiro started to explain what to expect and what she should do if she experienced these side effects. He mentioned a lot of things but Kei was only glued to the handsome face before him.

She started to imagine how this doctor would be fit to join the entertainment industry if he wants to. She could imagine all the endorsements and projects he would ace if he did.

However, she was sent back to her reality when she heard, “Any questions before you go?” He was now staring intently at her.

After coming back to her senses, she then asked, "Wait, Doc. Would you still be the one to give my shot next time?" She brazenly asked, sounded hopeful that he would say yes.

"Don't worry, I'm okay if I'll be your last patient for that day." Kei negotiated immediately.

"If this is the kind of reaction every time you get a shot, then I won't mind... To spare the nurses of the hassle, don't you think?" Jiro then smiled at her.

"Can I have your number?" Kei further asked confidently which slightly shocked Jiro, he didn't expect that question from her. Faye, who was standing beside Kei, was also shocked to witnessed her colleague's confidence.

"Wah, if Doc Jiro is swift, Miss Kei is like Flash. That was smooth." Faye thought as she tried so hard to contain her laughs. She was really amazed at how this scene unfolded before her eyes.

"Oh, I'm asking so I could inquire about your schedule on my next visit," Kei added when she saw Jiro and Faye's reaction. "But if you are thinking otherwise, then I won't say that you are completely wrong."

"No worries, here's my calling card. My consultation hours are also there." Jiro replied as he cleared his throat "I guess we are all good here, Miss Kei? I’ll get going..."

"Yeah, sure. Thanks, babe." Kei replied sweetly which shocked Jiro and Faye once more. "Oops, I mean, Doc Jiro." But her face didn’t show any remorse at all.

Jiro just smiled helplessly at her then left.

"She seems fine now... which is good." He thought to himself as he went back on his duty.

And just like that, Kei's admiration for this handsome young doctor with extremely gentle hands grew exponentially.