|69| as serious as

After setting up the tent, Jiro invited Kei for a short hike to the main peak. They'd rather wait for sunset than chase it.

When they've reached the peak, they've looked for a good spot to take photos. As usual, Kei took a series of photos. They are currently at 1,000 meters above sea level.

"Jiro, I'll take a photo of you too. Come here." She then gestured for Jiro to pose in front of her, which Jiro obliged shyly.

" She then gestured for Jiro to pose in front of her, which Jiro obliged shyly

After their selfie, they found a spot on the spots where they could sit and watch the sunset

After their selfie, they found a spot on the spots where they could sit and watch the sunset. They managed to sit to an even rock where they could sit comfortably together.

They were both exhausted earlier, and the view alleviated all their exhaustion. They could see the clear skies with no cloud in sight. The lush 360-degree green mountains and the naturally formed rock formation.

It actually looked like Chocolate Hills in Bohol with its rugged hills and Benguet with its vast vegetable farms around the area. Well, it was also called Little Baguio of Cebu for a reason.

While waiting for the sunset, they just continued to marvel at the view. And they were engulfed in comfortable silence.

When the sun finally hid, Jiro then decided to ask moments later, "So how's the sunset? Did I disappoint you? Did I exagg..." but Kei shhh-ed him. "Oh. Okay," He then agreed and acted like zipping his mouth with his hands.

"The sun sets so fast... let's just enjoy it for a while," Kei murmured as her eyes were glued to the direction of the setting sun.

They continued to be awed by the view. Jiro leaned back on the rocks, as he rested his head on his clasped hands at his back. Kei on the other hand was hugging her knees while looking at the view.

 Kei on the other hand was hugging her knees while looking at the view

Even after many sunsets here in Osmeña, it never fails to amaze Jiro. Every sunset is different, nothing is the same. That's why he never got tired of hiking here. It's like seeing a different palette every time. Just wow.

Then his eyes moved to the lady beside him. Her naturally curly hair is tied in a ponytail while her baby hairs and bangs are draped beautifully in the right places.

This is actually the first time he actually admitted that Kei is naturally beautiful without even trying. Though he never denied it either.

"It is beautiful, as always." Kei suddenly talked while Jiro reverted back to looking at the view in front of him, afraid of getting caught.

"Yeah..." Jiro could only murmur. Then he cleared his throat and added, "was it that beautiful that you forgot to talk?" He teased.

"Golden hour is best admired with a moment of silence."

"Was it worth it? Or did I overhype it?"

"Hmmm, honestly... Since I've seen a lot of sunsets in different places, I could say that it is beautiful... But not the best." She shrugged.

Jiro nodded his head at her judgment.

"But I won't forget this sunset... This is one for the books." Kei added.

"It's fine, Kei. You don't need to appease me. I respect your judg..."

"Jiro, I'm not saying this to appease you, because if I do, then I'll just say that it was perfect from the start," Kei declared with conviction.

"All sunsets are different depending on how one's day went. It differs all the time because of the whole experience that comes with it." Kei paused for a while. "I know that you never take my words seriously. I'm playful, I'm easygoing, I'm carefree, as you have noticed but I know when to joke around and when not to." She uttered seriously.

"I meant what I said when I said that this is unforgettable as serious as when I said I like you." She then looked at him straight in his eyes.