Chapter 1 - Shia

All of the pain~. Taste of the sweat and dirt~. We all live for the day they'll be screaming our name, so we keep on, keep on, keep on. We're the new heroes! Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-

With a groan, Shia fumbled to find her phone to turn off her alarm. After completing her mission, she rolled over and snuggled into her pillow, ready for sleep to take her once more. Too bad her sister had other plans when she opened her bedroom door without so much as a knock.

"Wakey wakey sis, it's time to get up." Tia, her little sister sang. Groaning again, she hiked her blanket over her head only for Tia to snatch it off a second later. Sighing in defeat, she sat up and stretched her arms above her head before leveling a look of annoyance at her.

"I already have one alarm, thank you very much. I do not need another."

Tia snorted. "The way you sleep, I'm surprised your alarm rouses you at all. Now get up and get dressed, you know Xavier hates waiting for your slow ass." She said, before padding down the hall to her room.

Shia rolled her eyes, but her sister had a point. It does take her forever and a day to get ready and she did not want or need to hear Xavier's complaining so early in the morning. Swinging her legs over her bed, she stood up and did a full body stretch before trekking to her bathroom. Humming to herself, she adjusted the temperature of the water before stripping and stepping in. Upon feeling the hot water on her skin, she released a content sigh. As much as she would have loved to revel in the sensation of her muscles relaxing and her last remnants of sleep melting away, she knew she was on a time crunch. Quickly lathering and rinsing her body, she stepped out of the shower, wrapping herself in a fluffy towel. Wiping enough steam from her mirror to see herself, she moisturized her face and lotion her body.

Lucky for her, she was smart enough to lay her clothes on her desk chair the night before. Throwing on her grey joggers and black shirt, she paired them off with her red Air Force 1's. For accessories, she liked to keep it simple. A pair of diamond studs, her silver interlocking chain, colored beaded bracelets and two rings on each hand. Satisfied with her look, she grabbed her phone, keys and bookbag before existing her room. Taking the steps two at a time, she found Tia already in the kitchen, munching on a banana and talking to their mom.

It still amazes Shia just how beautiful her mom is, because at 52, she didn't look a day over 30. Kiana Brunson stood tall at 5'9 with honey tanned skin, dark brown eyes, full lashes, high cheekbones, full lips and dark shoulder length hair that turned slightly red with enough sun exposure. And she was stacked like a brickhouse with prominent hips, thick thighs, beautifully long legs, a peach for a butt and full breasts to top her off. In conclusion, her mom was hot.

Kiana spotted Shia and broke out into a grin, which Shia happily returned. Walking up to her, she planted a kiss on Kiana's cheek.

"Morning mama. You sleep good?"

"That I did baby girl. I'm surprised Tia was able to get you up and moving so quickly." She snickered.

"Only because I reminded her that Xavier would verbally bite her head off if he was late because of her. Again."

She chuckled. "That boy has been late to so many things because of this child."

"Uh hello, topic of discussion standing right here."

"Oh, I know darling, but given your track record, you more than deserve the verbal lashings he gives you."

She went slack jawed.

"Ma! You're supposed to be on my side! First piece of happiness here."

"Yes, but I am not above letting you know when you're being a little shit." She said, pinching her nose.