Chapter 5 - Kaylen

That.....was a complete mess.

The entire walk to her house, the only thing Kaylen could think of was what happened at Shia's. Recalling how Xavier grabbed Jalen had her hands balling into fists. She wasn't particularly fond of violence, but she wasn't going to just sit back and let her brother be snatched up in front of her either. Nobody was an exception to that, not even her group.

Rounding the corner to her street, she spotted both of her parents' cars in the driveway.

Must be an early day for them.

Sighing, she unclenched her fists and made her way to the front door. Unlocking it and stepping inside, the first thing she was greeted by was the smell of cookies. Smiling, she closed the door and made her way to the kitchen. Just as she suspected, she saw her mom at one of the counters mixing more cookie batter. Her hair was pulled back into a low ponytail and there was flour peppering her cheeks as she sang along to the song playing through the speaker. She was so caught up in her own world, she didn't notice Kaylen admiring her.

The twins were by no means ugly and they had their parents to thank for that. Jalice Young stood at 5'6 with honey colored skin and light brown eyes. She was on the petite side with prominent hips and an apple bottom. She had an angular face with the most beautiful heart line to accentuate her full lips. High and soft cheekbones next to a high nose bridge leading to a button nose. Full and dark lashes to frame her doe shaped eyes and naturally arched eyebrows. To top it off, a head full of thick, long and bouncy dark curls.

I swear she gets more beautiful with age.

"Mama'."

Slightly jumping from surprise, Jalice looked up and smiled.

"Hi baby. How long have you been standing there?"

"Since the first chorus of Keyshia Cole belting that she should've cheated."

"That was a whole song ago, why were you just watching me you creeper?" she said, a hint of a smile in her voice.

"Because my mom is gorgeous and I enjoy watching her enjoy herself."

Jalice chuckled and took off her apron, walking to Kaylen and pulling her into a hug.

"How was school?"

"Same as it's been all week, boring beyond comprehension. I have more forms for you or papa' to sign."

Jalice groaned. "I signed the last batch; It's your fathers turn."

"Speaking of which, where is papa'?"

"Behind you and not liking the fact that my dear wife is pushing that nonsense onto me."

Kaylen turned around and saw her dad leaning against the wall frame, a mischievous smile on his face. Once again, she admired her parents' good looks.

Kalel Young was a giant at 6'5 and had the build to back it up. He had muscle stacked on muscle and you'd think he'd be a body builder instead of a psychologist. Dark chocolate skin encompassed him from head to toe and the color did wonders for his features. Cut jawline with thick lips that always had a smile on them and low cheekbones with a sharp nose in-between. Slightly bushy eyebrows sat above almond shaped blue green eyes that were framed by thick eyelashes. He also had a full beard that had hints of grey peppered throughout, the same with his low-cut hair. Look wise, the twins were a healthy mix of both, but Kalel won out in the height and skin tone department.

"Speak of the devil and they will appear. Where have you been this whole time papa'?"

Kalel pushed off the wall frame and ruffled her hair before walking up to Jalice and pulling her into a hug. Kaylen groaned.