Chapter 11 - Tia

"So y'all are good now?"

Shia smiled. "Yea, we are."

"Thank fucking God. I was getting tired of you moping around because he wouldn't talk to you."

She pouted. "I was not moping."

Tia rolled her eyes, "Right and I like men."

"But you don't though."

"Yea, no shit Sherlock. I just assumed we had started playing the lying game. I was keeping it going."

Shia punched her in the arm, earning a grin from Tia.

"Speaking on that, are you ever gonna tell anyone else besides me and mom that you're gay?"

She shrugged. "Probably not."

"Any particular reason why?"

"I don't see my sexuality as something that needs to be announced or broadcasted. Besides, I didn't tell you or ma. You both asked and I saw no reason to lie."

"What if someone outside friends and family ask? Would you lie then?"

"Nope. Like I said, I see no point to."

Shia was about to respond but her phone ringing stopped her. Tia recognized the ringtone and and resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

Oh great, the asshole is calling.

She answered the phone.

"Hi Xavier... No, I got back awhile ago... I showered as soon as I got home and got to talking to Tia... Why are you yelling, I literally just told you why I didn't text you back... I don't know who the fuck you think you're talking to cause it's not me......I'm not about to sit here and let you come out the side of your neck to me. Take the night to cool off."

She ended the call after her last sentence, face set in irritation.

"Fucking asshole." She muttered.

"What was he throwing a bitch fit over this time?"

"The fact that I didn't text him back before I left for the gym. Then he accused me of using the gym as an excuse to meet another dude somewhere else. I fucking swear, his jealousy and trust issues are a fucking pain to deal with."

"Here's a simple solution then; Don't deal with it. No one said you had to stay with him after agreeing to go out with him. If we keeping it a buck, ya didn't really want to in the first place and said yes out of fear. Let's not even get into the fact that he's done a complete 180 since then and has turned into a giant dickhead."

"He's not like this all the time. Today is just a bad day for him."

"And there you go defending his ass again. Shia, he is a walking, blaring, screeching red flag. The only thing the bastard hasn't done is hit you and I'm pretty sure that's because he knows he wouldn't see the new year if he did. Why are you still with him?"

She rolled her eyes.

"We are not having this conversation again."

"And why the fuck not? All I've seen you do is argue and defend yourself from him, 2 minutes ago being a prime example. Or you give up and give in to avoid an argument which is so unlike you, I thought you were a body snatcher the first time I saw it happen. What the hell Shia, what is so good about him?"

"Y'all don't see him in private the way I do. He can actually be really sweet and caring."

"Bullshit."

She glared at her.

"How would you know? Are you a fly on the wall of his room?"

"No, but big sis, I can tell you aren't happy. You try to put up a front, but you can't fool me. Shit, or Kaylen for that matter."