Chapter 6 - Tia

It wasn't even two minutes after Tia spoke that she felt Kaylen's breathing even out to slow, steady breathes. She shifted in her position to look at her and sure enough, Kaylen was out like a light. Tia laid there, just admiring her. From her messy, curly bun that had stray strands framing her face, to her full lips slightly parted as slept and her long eyelashes resting on her cheeks.

Damn, she really is beautiful.

She reached up and tucked a stray strand behind her ear before settling back on her lap. She slid her hands under Kaylen's thigh for more support and got comfortable. She felt eyes on her and slid her gaze to find Kalel looking at her, a grin on his face.

"What's with the goofy grin pops?"

"Nothing tigre, just admiring my girls."

"You do know that I don't believe that for a second right?" She said, eyebrow raised.

"Then you should know that I'm telling you the real reason for my grin."

"No one likes a tease old man."

"My wife would beg to differ."

"I am well aware of the process it took for my best friends to get here; I so do not want to hear about it."

"Don't make it so easy next time then."

Tia shook her head at him and got comfortable once more, attention back on the tv. 20 minutes later, the doorbell rang.

"If that's not our food, I'm rioting."

Kalel chuckled, untangling himself from Jalice and heading towards the door.

"Always so violent little one."

"It's been almost two hours since we ordered and I am starving. Forgive me if I have a violent outburst because I'm hangry."

"You have violent outburst in general doll." Jalice said.

"That is because I'm allergic to stupid people. Common sense is, unfortunately, not very common and it tweaks my last nerves."

"You can change and adjust how you react to them though Tia."

"I tried the whole inner peace, be a more understanding person shtick, but it didn't stick. If my mouth doesn't say it, my face surely will and I haven't learned to control that yet."

Jalice snorted. "You just don't want to try."

"In my current state of being, no. But I am only 16. I still have a lot of time to improve and grow up."

"That is surprisingly mature of you."

She shrugged. "A little self-reflection every now and then does a person good."

Tia heard the front door close and a few seconds later, Kalel came into view.

"Food is here, so Tia, no rioting."

"You have my word pops. I'll wake the sleeping beauty."

Tia sat up fully and started shaking Kaylen's shoulder.

"Kay, wake up. Food is here."

Kaylen groaned and turned away. Tia started poking her cheek, promptly getting her hand slapped away.

"Five more minutes." Kaylen grumbled.

Tia blew out a breath.

Why are nearly all the women in my life so damn hard to wake up?

She poked her cheek again.

"Kayleeeennnn. If you don't get up, I'm gonna eat your curry shrimp."

"Mmmmm."