Chapter Thirteen

(Imma just say it now - idk how many chapters this book is getting but I have the plot and ending done in my head already - also to the Brits reading this. If in school you heard the song about antibiotics (antibiotics, we're wonderful pills but dont ever think we'll solve all of your ills) did you know the dude who played Julius Ceaser in the scene 'I think there are one or two people that dont seem to like me' scene in horrible histories sang it? I found out not long ago and now I can't unhear it- anyways let's start this chapter)

It's been a whole week since Sora last saw Jaxx. They both thought it would be best as if they were ever caught they would probably be considered traitors to their kingdoms. They missed each other lots. They could send letters but those letters could be intercepted during the stupid war their parents were starting.

"Sora!" Sora heard his mother call for him. "Sora! You come down this instant!" He groaned and left his room.

"Yes mother?" He said as he approached her. She turned around. He could tell that she was furious.

"I'm going to be gone for a month or two and, as you are unfortunately, the only royal blood in this stupid palace, you..." She bit her tongue. "You will be in charge." Sora looked at her seriously. Was it actually that hard for her to say?

"How come you won't be around, mother?" He asked, as he looked at her dead in the eyes.
"That isn't any of your business, just try not to destroy the palace while I'm gone." She walked out the door, confidently.

Sora looked at the door as it closed.
'She's trying to get herself out of the hole she dug, isn't she?' He sighed, and headed back to his room. 'Typical of her.'

----------------------------------

Meanwhile...

"Are you sure he'll be by himself?"
"Yes. She said it herself. Now, you need to go before you're spotted."
"Alright, alright. I'm going! Jeez."

---------------------------------

Jaxx laid in his bed. 2 weeks. That's how long it was until his stupid coronation. He missed Sora, he wanted to see the stupid smile plaster on his face again.

'I really did fall for him, huh?' Jaxx thought as he felt his face heat up. 'How would I even ask him to be mine anyways? Not like I can contact him, can I?'

knock knock

"Jaxx, sweetie?" His mother said as she slowly opened the door a tiny bit.

"Yes, mum." He said as he sat up and watched his mum enter the room and close the door behind her.

"Are you alright? You look quite red." She went to check his temperature. "And you're a bit hot. Did you catch a fever?"
"No, I'm fine mum," Jaxx smiled at his mum's concern.
"Then, why else are you so red?"

'Should I tell her?' Jaxx thought. 'Well, it isn't like she can stop me from this so...'

"Well, uhm... mum I..." Jaxx paused for a minute to take a deep breath. "I have a crush but you'll probably be upset to find out who it is!" He pulled his head to his knees and hid his face.
"That's completely fine sweetheart, who is it?" She smiled, reassuringly.

Jaxx's face grew even redder but calmed himself down.
"Well... it may or may not be the prince of Acecia..." Jaxx looked to his mother, who had a bewildered expression.
"You mean Queen Mary's son?" She said after she had calmed herself.
"Y-Yeah..."
"I'm glad you found someone you're intrested in but, I don't understand how you guys would've even met in the first place."

Jaxx stiffened a bit.
'Shit. I didn't think about what I should tell her about us meeting...' He thought. It was better to be honest with her than lie. So, he told her how they met.

When Jaxx had finished talking, his mother was upset, yes but only because he had snuck out. But, she set that aside because she was glad her son found someone.

"Anyways, is there a reason you came here in the first place?" Jaxx asked, calmly.

"Oh, yes!" She put a more serious tone on. "As you know from the talk we had earlier with your father. The kingdom is going to war with Acecia. However... Queen Mary, she fled just after the war declaration was sent."

"Wow, won't even stand up for her own kingdom."
"I know, anyways, she left her son in charge. We aren't sure how long though. Could you try and figure that out for us, seeing as you talk through those letters?"

"Well, it would have to be sent the normal way since Lilithum is with Sora right now. But yes, I can try."
"Thank you, that was my own personal request. I'll see you later, dear."
"Bye, mum." Jaxx smiled as he watched his mum leave his room.

He was happy that his mum reacted that way but something began to feel off the minute she left the room. He couldn't figure out what though... and that's what worried him most...

(Chapter Thirteen complete- Yayyy now I realise it's monday in 23 hours and 48 minutes and its gonna be halloween and a school day :/ - Yes it is 12:12AM as I'm writing this. Deal with it. Anyways Idk when Chapter Fourteen will be out or when I'll start writing it but to the those of you who celebrate Halloween. I hope you have an amazing night that's filled with fright! <3 Tschüss alle!)