Bonus- Transparency (NSFW)

Start from the beginning

Mira studied her face for long enough to make her squirm uncomfortably, and then reached out to rest her hand on her thigh, "I'm fine. That was just Elfman."

"Oh... Do you wanna talk about-"

"He's been coming in late to work for, like, a month straight. I let it slide because I know Evergreen is pregnant and he says she's just been needy lately, but he'd been asking for a bigger promotion so he can make more money for his family, but how can I allow that? I'm not going to just give him better opportunities when he's not putting in the work... I don't want to be mean but I've got more than just his feelings to consider here."

Cana nodded silently, completely intrigued by the way Mira was actually venting to her. Usually, she puts a sweet smile on her face and acts like everything is perfect. It's nice to hear talk about her true feelings, like she's getting more comfortable with her...

"And he thinks I just don't like Evergreen, but that's not necessarily true... I mean, she has her moments, but I've always been supportive of their relationship, I think they're good together. Maybe it's because she's scared of me, but whatever. It's not like I want it to be harder for him to make money, but... Ugh, maybe I should just give him a loan or something outside of work? That way I'd be helping him as a big sister and not being unfair as a boss."

She hit her vape again, trying to take this edge off, but she set it down on her coffee table as she started to consider her guest. A light pink dusted her cheeks as the situation dawned on her, leaving her feeling a bit embarrassed with acting out of character like this. "I'm sorry, let's just forget about all that. How was your day?"

Cana narrowed her eyes, not appreciating what she knew Mirajane was trying to do. "Don't apologize, you're allowed to not feel good sometimes, and you're allowed to vent. You're always open to hearing everyone else's problems, you shouldn't feel guilty about your own."

The blush on Mira's face darkened, and her hand rode up higher on the brunette's thigh. "Thank you... But I think I got most of it off of my chest. Talking about something else would make me feel better..."

"Okay, well, i'm sorry that I couldn't make it to the Café during your break, I ended up talking to Gildarts like you told me to- mmph!" Cana's words were cut off by Mira's lips, she pulled her in by her coat and was exploring the depths of her mouth with her tongue in record speed.

She had no time to catch up as Mira started to kiss her like her life depended on it, easing her way onto her lap and tugging her coat off of her.

After savoring the experience for a bit, Cana gently pushed her away. "Mirajane!"

"I'm sorry, I just really needed that," She giggled as if she wasn't just violating her face a second ago, "You can keep talking now, I'm listening."

"As I was saying," Cana grabbed at Mira's hips, her face a look of mock-annoyance, "I talked to my dad and, well, it kinda went how I thought it would."

"And how's that?"

"...Not so great. Just like I thought, he really has his reservations about you. He basically told me I shouldn't be doing this because it's not safe, based on your past."

Mirajane's eyes widened, and the silence that followed had Cana wishing she would've said that in a more sugar-coated way. Although deep in thought, Mira traced Cana's fingers with her own before trailing her touches up and down her arms. "I see... I guess I expected that, too."

"But he's totally just being paranoid. I'm not worried about it."

"I mean, he does have a point."