𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘦

"Everything is fine, I got a text from him this morning and he said he might be a little late." Stiles tries to reassure Liam as both of them, plus Melody, walk into the locker room.

"Well, how late is late? Is he always late? We're playing Devenford Prep again and this time it's an actual game, he shouldn't be late." Melody couldn't help but agree with Liam.

Ever since she woke up this morning she's had a bad feeling that she couldn't shake, "Who shouldn't be late?" They all whipped their heads over and looked at Coach like deers caught in headlights.

"Scott and Kira." Liam starts. "They might be slightly late." Stiles finished.

"Slightly late is still late." Coach told him. "What are they doing?" Liam, Stiles, and Melody look at him and try to come up with something to say.

"They're doing something that's going to make them slightly late." Melody held back the urge to face palm at Stiles.

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?" Melody smirks as she comes up with a plan.

"Oh uncle, what would a boy and a girl be doing alone that would be more important than playing in the first game?" He looked at her confused for a second before realization dawned on him, making his eyes go wide and gag.

"Oh lord." He mumbled before he walked away, making Melody smile in victory while Liam and Stiles looked at her then at each other and started to snicker.

------------------------

Melody sits next to Stiles and Liam while she looks around for Scott and Kira, when she doesn't see either of them she starts to get worried.

"They're still not here." Liam told Stiles.

"Okay, what's really going on? Are you nervous about the full moon? It's not for another 24 hours." Stiles tried to reassure Liam while Melody placed a hand on Liam's shoulder, knowing what's got him so nervous and worried.

Liam looked up at the almost full moon, "Liam, you're going to be fine, Okay? Just try not to rage out on anyone." Stiles told him while he got ready.

"You're not worried?" Liam asked them.
"Okay, mildly concerned, mildly." Stiles answers, making Melody shake her head.

"I'm incredibly worried," Melody tells Liam honestly, "We're going to lose without him." Melody shook her head when she saw Brett smirk and nod his head from the corner of her version.

"No, we're not. We can be just as good without Scott, okay? I've been practicing, let me tell you something, I'm getting good, really good." Melody pursed her lips as she held in the laugh that was bubbling in her chest, knowing that wasn't true.

"I'll be right back." Melody got up from the bench and walked over to Brett. "Hello," Brett grins at her, making her grin back.

"Hi," Melody leans up and kisses Brett, making him immediately kiss her back.

Melody hummed as she pulled away from the kiss. "What was that for? Not that I'm complaining." Brett smirked, making her giggle and shake her head, "I just felt like it." She shrugged, making him chuckle and shake his head.

"I came over here to wish you luck." Brett wrapped his left arm around her waist while his right hand held his helmet.

"I think another kiss will bring me luck," Brett gave her boyish grin, making her laugh, "You think so?" Melody wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Mmmhhhmmm." Brett hummed while he leaned closer to her, making her do the same.

"Well I guess we'll have to try it out." She closed the very small space between them, Melody felt Brett slide his tongue along her bottom lip, asking for entrance, making her part her lips.