Chapter 5: The Itinerary

Start from the beginning

"Okay, tell me everything you would do if you had all the time in the city." He smiled, clicking through his phone.

"Umm, well, Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, the 9/11 memorial, go to the top of the tower, umm, oh, oh! Go see a Broadway show, and then there is this diner, where they sing while you eat and they have milkshakes and fries." I wiggled my eyebrows at the last part and he laughed.

"Do you know what it's called?" He said and I shook my head, "I'll figure it out. So is that all?"

"Well obviously and eat some hot dogs and pizza." I smiled.

"Obviously." He smirked playfully and I rolled my eyes.

"So, anyways. Are you ready for your first show? It's only two days away!" I smiled big, "Cause, I'm excited."

He laughed and shook his head, "Just wait until you work through a show day, you won't be excited anymore. But, yeah, I am."

"Is it really that bad?"

"It's just, busy. Like making sure everything is done before we have to head to MSG. Oh wait, it's going to be your first night at MSG too. You have to watch the show then. I'll make sure of it."

I shook my head, "No, I don't want to get in trouble."

"You won't, it's not like I need your assistance while I'm performing. You can stand in the back with Jeff. You'll be fine." He smiled and I did too.

"Okay, that's exciting. Thanks Harry."

He nodded and my phone began ringing. I peeked over and it was my dad, "Umm, sorry. I have to take this."

I placed my food down and got up quickly answering my phone heading into the hallway, "Hey dad. Everything okay?"

"I keep loosing count." He said softly.

"For what dad?" I leaned against the wall massaging the bridge of my nose.

"My pills."

"Umm, hold on." I brought my phone in front of me and looked through my notes, opening up the one marked dad. I kept scrolling until I found what I was looking for, "Which ones daddy?"

"The pink bottle."

"There is 50 after you take one today. I promise. I checked before I left."

"50. Okay. 50. Sweetie?"

"Yes dad."

"Are you pos—dad, yes. Please."

"Okay." He said quietly.

"Take it and go straight to bed. Okay?"

"I will. Love you."

"I love you too, dad." We hung up and I knew he would  stay up all night counting the pills until he was sure.

I quickly found our neighbors contact texting them.

C: I have a feeling my dad is going to stay up counting his pills, can you please check on him before you all go to bed later?

M: will do :)

I took a deep breath, locking my phone and walking about out to the living room.

"Everything okay?" Harry asked and I faked a small smile.

"Yeah, just my dad checking up on me, he gets lonely without me there."

"You sure?" He asked once more and I nodded.

"Promise." And I felt so much relief when he didn't pry anymore.