Untitled Part 45

I woke up to the buzzing sound of my alarm and quickly turned it off so as to not disturb Alex. It was Saturday, and I was certain he had meetings to attend but I didn't want to wake him up. I took my phone and texted his father saying he had a fever and won't be able to get home early.

His father replied in a few seconds with a small "okay" which satisfied me. I put the phone away and started getting dressed, doing my best to make the least possible noise. He didn't wake for the next two hours, until his phone started ringing.

I was out in the dining room having my breakfast when I heard it ring. As fast as I could, I ran to fetch it so I could turn it off. But unfortunately, I was a little too late. Alex was up and was talking to who I assumed was his dad. He seemed frustrated, and the second he noticed me get in the room, he told his dad he'd be home soon.

'What did you do?' he asked me, his voice filled with anger

'I told him you were sick.'

'Why would you do that?'

'I thought it would be good for you to take a break!'

'Well, you thought wrong. I have a flight in two hours to California which I cannot afford to miss. You can't go around doing things like that, okay? I have a girl waiting for me who I really don't want to let down. So do me a favor, and stay out of my personal life!'

He paused for a second, waiting for me to give an explanation, but I didn't give any. I didn't want to ruin his mood further or delay him more for his flight.

When he didn't get an answer, he just shook his head and grabbed his pack and left. I blinked back the tears that threatened to flow from my eyes and went back to continue my meal.

Focus on something else, Elianna. I told myself and distracted myself by looking outside the window and thinking about nonsense, unimportant things and wasted my time eating.

I picked Romeo and Juliet to read. I had had the book for while and knew the ending, I knew that they were going to die. That was why I had never read it. But on that day, I just wanted to read it. I thought it was bad to die without reading a book as epic as that. The most renowned love story. It had been sitting in my shelf for a long time, and I thought I should serve it justice.

After three hours of reading, I had sore eyes, an empty stomach (much to my distaste), and a stinging shoulder from sleeping on it while reading. I was in a dilemma. I wasn't sure whether to sleep and five my sore eyes some rest or to fill my stomach, but seeing as I was on the couch, the former choice won.

I fell asleep with the book in my arms, and curled up on my side. I only realized when I woke that I had made the condition of my arms worse. Five to six hours of putting weight on an arm was not the best paired with Wiccomania.

I knew I had to choose between going to swimming and training, and would you be surprised I went all like, "hey, I can do both"

And I did do both. Well, at least I tried to.