Dying with Glory (from chips, of course)

As my mind plunged into darkness, the first thought that came to my mind was the caption on my tombstone: 'A dead example of why one should stay away from fast food'.

Yes, kids, stay the hell away from fast food, especially potato chips, you never know when it will kill you.

Being extremely skinny with no way around it and having death looming over my head at all time, I had never much cared about what I ate. Why should have I? I was going to die anyway.

Well the next thought that came to my mind was 'Die with glory'. I convinced myself somehow that dying of choking on potato chips wasn't a glorious way to die. Don't you agree? I certainly hope you do, cause well, I am having second thoughts about that decision.

I woke up in a familiar hospital bed, with Alex sleeping peacefully on a chair near my bed. I watched as his chest rose and fell as he took in deep, peaceful breaths. A smile carved on my face at his calm state, one that I hadn't seen in a while. If it weren't for the IVs piercing my arms at a dozen places, I would've thrown my arms around him.

I fell back asleep after a while of watching him and woke up this time to someone talking to me. Why do people talk to unconscious people thinking they won't hear them? It's so cliché.

'-for gods' sake just wake the hell up, Elianna!' I froze at the sound of the voice. It wasn't like I was moving earlier, but you get the point, don't you? 'How is it even possible to chock on chips, huh? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I should've asked you what was wrong! How could I be so dumb?'

'Don't blame yourself, Anthony!' I managed, my throat aching from speaking. I opened my eyes and met his wide ones. 'Hi!' I greeted, trying to sound casual, but how the heck do you do that in a hospital gown?

'You're awake!' he whispered, looking at me like I was a freaking goddess or something. 'Gods, you are really awake!' He leaned towards me, closely examining me and I quivered a little under his stare. He touched my cheek to make sure I was real and well what can I say, I was. 'We weren't sure you were even going to wake up!'

'It was that bad?' he nodded. I cursed under my breath. How long did I have before everyone found out I was dying? How long before a stupid doctor spilled the truth to my parents?

I sunk back into the soft mattress before asking, 'My parents?'

'They're at your home, I am not sure what they're doing. They left a while ago. Elliot's outside though. I am still not sure why he let me in here with you.'

I simply nodded in response. 'I want to go home!'

He stared at me for a moment as if I was an alien before saying, 'I am not even going to try and convince you otherwise. You have that conversation with your brother!'

'Anthony, no!' I started as he started making his way outside the room, obviously going to tattle tell on me.

'Good luck with your brother!' was all he said before leaving me to face the wrath of Elliot Edwardo Edwards.