Happy Birthday Hanma

Honestly, I was a bit unsure with this one, but Hanma deserves love!! This isn't canon, by the way so don't worry!! HBD to our beautiful Nishinoya Wannabe!!

————

Shuichirō placed a hand on his mouth, knees huddled closer to his chest as he tried to quiet down his breathing as much as he could. In his peripheral vision, he could see the shadow of a tall figure lurking near him.

It only forced him to pull his knees closer to his upper body as an attempt to make himself smaller, knowing well that he wouldn't make it anyways. But even then, he tried his best for a 5-year old.

He heard a menacing, mocking laughter echo through the halls as the person walked in the dark room, their eyes catching sight of the small piece of Shuichirō's shirt peaking out from behind the drawers.

The person slowly walked up to him, quickening the young boy's heartbeat as he screwed his eyes shut. And then, just in the blink of an eye, he was lifted up by his armpits.

"Ahh!! Papa, let go!!"

"I caught you!! I win!!!" Shuji yelled at his carbon-copy, grinning brightly at his own victory while his son pouted. When it came to being cute, he sure had the abilities of his mother.

"No fair!! I wanna rematch!!" The little boy yelled as he huffed out air in annoyance, making his father roll his eyes playfully, "I think you're forgetting that you still have school, twerp..."

Almost in a heartbeat, the little child rushed out of the room. His tiny legs could only work so fast and Shuji leaned against the doorway as he watched his son in amusement. The poor kid scrambled around to wear the matching pair of his favourite Doraemon socks.

"You ready, brat?" Shuji yelled at his son from the house entrance as he got a reply back, "Gimme a minute, papa!!" The yellow eyed man unconsciously smiled to himself before turning over to the kitchen to see his wife, who was busy packing Shuichirō's bento.

"Chirō, make sure to eat your bento properly this time, okay?" You asked your son as you adjusted his backpack, making him give you a toothy grin, "Yes Mama!!" You gave him a quick peck to his forehead before turning to your husband, who was teasing Shuichirō, "Shuji, will you pick him up as well? I have a meeting later in the afternoon..."

You trailed off, knowing that it was usually your duty to pick your son up on Tuesdays, but your husband quickly dissipated your worries with a nonchalant smile, "Sure darling, don't worry your pretty little head over this gremlin!!"

He ruffled Shuichirō's hair, making the latter whine in annoyance, "Papa!! You're ruining my hair!!" The older man rolled his eyes as he clutched the house keys with one hand, and grabbed Shuichirō's hand with the other, "Oh, stop being dramatic!! You're a Hanma, you're gonna look good, no matter what!!"

Upon your husband's words, your son puffed his chest in pride, making you shake your head in amusement, "Aren't I right, darling?" You could only roll your eyes playfully as you shoved him out the door, albeit softly.

Waving goodbye to your son, you gave him one last smile before closing the door and making your way back to your room to get ready for work.

Although you had originally wished of being an astronaut, and even had passed their exam. You still didn't take the job since you had found out that you were pregnant. But even then, it's not like you hated your current job as an astrophysicist.

It just wasn't as exciting, but you still loved it. And the best part of it was that you weren't away from your husband or your beautiful son, Shuichirō.