twelve

"what is wrong with all of you today?" jugyeong sighed, as she propped her chin against her hand. her eyes eyes alternated from sooah, then to soojin before finally landing on me.

"it's as if romance is in the air..." jugyeong looked to the direction of where soojin was staring dreamily. across the cafeteria, suho was sitting between seojun and myungsoo as they ate their lunches while chatting.

a small frown appeared on her pretty face when she realized who soojin was likely staring at. then her gaze shifted to sooah who had been giggling to herself over the couple bracelet that taehoon had recently got her.

then... her eyes landed on me.

i must have been smiling like a fool, because i kept recalling when seojun hung out with me and even kissed me on the forehead a few nights ago. the memory of it made me so giddy.

"nothing. it's just...nothing," soojin grinned to herself as her eyes dropped down to her lunch tray. she had barely touched her food today so i'm guessing she had a great time with suho during the study hall time the teacher gave us before lunch.

"by the way, what's up with you and seojun?" soojin asked, as she watched me get a bit flustered at her sudden question.

"nothing really, we're just on better terms now you know," my eyes quickly darted to jugyeong, who seemed a bit surprised too.

"he stares at you during class and he's so eager to spend study hall with you," sooah looked up from her bracelet and commented. come on, what happened to soojin and sooah being preoccupied with their own little romantic encounters??

"i wouldn't be surprised if you two start dating. besides, i've come to terms that you look better with seojun than lee suho," sooah said, which soojin immediately agreed with the short-haired girl.

"if you want, we could set up a date with him for you," soojin eagerly suggested and i shook my head, "no no. we're good- i mean i'm good."

"they're either having a some or already dating," sooah peered at me with suspicious eyes before she continued, "i'm stupid to only realize now that seojun always looked bothered whenever suho's so close with you."

"let's change the topic," soojin came to my rescue and i felt relieved when she said that. i literally mouthed, 'thank you,' to which she smiled in return.

"who do we think lee suho would look good with?" she asked, and then suddenly i felt a bit bothered again. any wrong answer to that question would make soojin pissed and ruin the entire atmosphere.

"hm. i used to think he looked good with hyojin, but now i'm thinking... maybe that one pretty girl from the class next doors? hm, maybe jugyeong. you're definitely his type," sooah winked at jugyeong, completely unaware of how the smile on soojin's instantly soured.

"so you're saying he's only into pretty girls who can do makeup?" soojin blatantly asked, with a serious tone. i looked to see that the gaze in her eyes hardened and even her change of tone caught sooah off guard. jugyeong remained silent because she didn't dare to speak a word.

"chill out, it's just a joke," sooah tried to reassure soojin, but now the long-haired, taller girl had already stood up from her seat next to me and grabbed her lunch tray. she stormed across to the nearest trash can and disposed her food before returning the tray. then she angrily left the cafeteria, pushing the cafeteria door open with such force and then slamming it closed that the sound rang across the entire room.

silence fell upon the room for a few moments before chatter resumed again.

suho and seojun turned their heads to our table  as i made eye contact with seojun. he mouthed, 'what?' and i simply shrugged in response.