seven

"myungsoo attended most of our dance performances in the past- which i thought was weird if he was just attending for his cousin," yeji said, before taking another sip of her iced coffee. she looked to ryujin who nodded in agreement.

"he's liked you from afar. he probably would have made a move if you weren't with han seojun, but that's exactly why we suggested the confession prank," yeji added, as i turned to shake my head, i find it really hard to believe.

"say you're joking. i refuse to believe that suho was telling the truth," i told her and she sighed in response.

"myungsoo's a nice guy. i think he's probably moved on already but it's a mature move of him to make the decision to be friends with you, i see it as closure for him," ryujin said, agreeing with yeji's statement.

"he's just chill like that," ryujin said, and she tore open another bag of chips before setting it on the table between us.

we were sitting outside a convenience store after having dinner with suho and my family- to which my friends always loved because they adored my mother's cooking.

"isn't it chilly? you should be wearing more than just a t-shirt and sweats," yeji scolded, as she pointed to the goosebumps growing on my arms.

"it's not that cold, mom," i teased to which she sighed, before ryujin interrupted the atmosphere with a serious question.

"so what are you going to do now that you're not pursuing dance anymore? you basically have to change all your career plans now," she said, as she looked at me with those serious eyes of hers and i shrugged.

"i still want become a dancer or some kind of dance teacher, because i don't see myself doing anything else. it's just hard because there's no way i can still do dance without my dad finding out," i told them, before grabbing another chip and munched on it.

"which is why... you should do it behind his back," ryujin suggested, to which yeji narrowed her eyes at the grinning girl. i honestly would have done it without hesitation if my dad's opinion didn't affect me that much.

"i can't believe you're suggesting-" yeji began but i cut her off.

"how would i do it?" i asked.

they both looked to me with surprise and a mix of confusion on their faces.

"you're serious?" yeji asked, with a hint of concern in her voice. she worried a lot for me at times and this was one of them.

"you need to join the dance team at your new school later later on but first- practice on your own," ryujin held up a finger when she said 'first,' as yeji and i leaned in closer in our seats to hear this plan.

"your dad knows you usually bring a bag bigger than your school backpack for dance practices- for your shoes, clothing, water, etc.," ryujin continued and i nodded, eager to know what she has in mind.

"so here's the plan. let suho come to your house and blatantly state that you guys are going off to study, so your dad isn't suspicious. then you guys can swing by his house where you can keep your duffel bag with all your dance stuff- and go practice," ryujin said, and leaned back into her chair, beaming at the genius plan she made.

"right! it's normal to study for hours so you could practice for as long as you like," yeji's eyebrows raised at the idea, and i liked the plan too.

"won't my dad still be suspicious? he's gonna think something's wrong when i don't bring home perfect grades-" i said, worried about the 'what-if's' of ryujin's plan.