four

"...and lastly song hyojin, your study partner will be han seojun. because you're a new student, and also seojun was absent from school for a while, i figured it would be the best way for you two to help each other out," the homeroom teacher announced from his position at the front of the room.

i almost fell out of my chair.

"if you both earn decent scores on the next exam, i will consider giving extra points because i know it's not easy to catch up with all the curriculum," the teacher continued, and i really could use extra points because now my future actually depended on my grades.

"you all are dismissed for study hall," he adjourned class and i exchanged glances with a surprised suho across the room. he mouthed, 'don't think about it too much.'

"aw, you must be disappointed that you didn't get paired with suho," sooah patted my arm from her seat behind me and i turned to her with an awkward smile. "nah, i don't mind," i told her but then she continued by saying, "it's probably upsetting him that you're paired with seojun. the two don't exactly like each other, and you did get punched by his friend the other day. if seojun's mean to you, let me know and i'll have taehoon talk to him." she gave me an encouraging smile before her eyes trailed over to where soojin already eagerly walked up to suho's seat, to which he did not seem very amused.

suho is paired with soojin, because they're the top students in our class and within our whole grade too. the teacher likes for them to motivate each other to do well, but i know that suho excelling in every subject with ease only pisses soojin off in every way, since she's the type of person who wants things her way. and at the same time, she looked eager to study with him so i can't exactly figure out what soojin thinks about him.

"let's get this over with," a grumpy voice said, causing me to tear my eyes from the sight of suho and soojin. "study hard!" sooah said to me, as she grabbed jugyeong by the arm and they disappeared from the classroom.

we ended up sitting at a corner table in the library because we couldn't agree on any other location. the table was hidden by a bunch of tall bookshelves and had decent air conditioning, so it was quiet and comfortable.

han seojun probably worked on a few questions in his workbook before he set his pencil down and pulled the hood of his grey jacket over his head and leaned back into his seat to take a nap.

since he's sitting next to me, i could push him while he's asleep and he'd end up napping on the ground like the immature child he acts like.

however, i couldn't focus on my literature homework either. i've been so sleep deprived these days and so emotionally burnt out that i couldn't focus. i practiced old dance routines at night instead of sleeping because in my dreams, it'd only consist of my desire to dance again.

my eyes trailed over to where seojun sat with his eyes closed and arms crossed. he looked so peaceful. it was a familiar sight i hadn't seen in a while, but i need him to study so my grades can benefit too. i smacked him on the shoulder, which caused to lean him sideways and fall onto the floor.

i tried to suppress a laugh, but with his feet hovering above the chair where he previously sat in, and his upper body on the floor, i could not help but guffaw at this idiot.

"yah! what the fuck," seojun hissed, and he turned his head to scan his surroundings before getting up and brushing his hands over his outfit. he pulled his chair a bit away from me before sitting down and glaring at me.

"listen. now that we're study partners and my grade depends on yours, let's act civil with one another. it's not like we can avoid each other anymore, so let's just put all the personal feelings- anger, hatred whatever- aside and improve our grades," i spoke in the most polite tone i could to him, which earned nothing but a 'tsk' from his mouth.