three

"that was impressive," my older sister hyojung complimented, and gave me a proud smile before grabbing her water bottle to press it against her head. she plopped herself down on the shiny wooden floor as i breathed heavily and clutched my sides.

"what a waste of this talent huh?" i joked, as i practically collapsed into the spot next to her and leaned my back against the mirror of the dance studio room. we had thrown on some music and danced to our favorite choreographies- we both loved dance, and were idol trainees once, but we figured it wasn't the right path for us.

"i'm so sorry for what happened to you, it makes me so angry to think about how wrong it is," hyojung pushed her short black bangs to the side, and took a huge sip of her water.

"it makes me so upset that i can't sleep at night. i've cried every night since my expulsion and in the morning on my walk to school, it always feels like i'm going in the wrong direction," i told her, as i leaned my head onto her shoulder.

i felt her breaths as her shoulder slowly fluctuated up and down.

"so that's it for you?" she asked, with a tone in a voice that indicated she had a frown on her face.

"yeah. dad never liked me pursuing dance in the first place, and he told me to just pursue a business degree for the sake of taking over the restaurant in the future. i don't know if i can become good at studying again when i'm used to devoting all my time to dance," i stared at the circular clock on one end of the room, and listened to its ticking sounds.

hyojung was at a loss for words. what can you say to someone who's been chasing their dream for so long and suddenly had it torn away from them? there's little you can say to comfort a distraught person.

"on the other hand, my new school's been alright so far. suho's in my class and i've made new friends... but i can't help but feel heartache every time i see a certain someone," i muttered, as hyojung's hand patted my head softly.

"i know how much you like him. heck, i thought i'd break up with my fiance first before the two of you split up," she chuckled softly, as she continued her soft rhythmic pats, "but you know, you'll get over it eventually. who knows if this breakup is only bringing you one step closer to the one who's meant for you?"

a sad smile was all i could muster.

"let's talk about you now, i can't believe you're getting married soon! although i still can't understand why you chose to move back home all of a sudden," i said, as i looked up at her round, sparkling eyes.

"i thought i should spend some time at home before i officially get married. i know how lonely you can get when you hide in that room of yours to avoid dad," hyojung set her bottle down, before gently pushing my head off her shoulder.

"shall we do a few more songs?"

the next week i actually went to school in a relatively good mood. during the weekend, i went out with my sister to sightsee and at night we stayed up late in my room talking about anything and everything. there were moments where we would be laughing over hyojung's ridiculous fear of bugs and the next we were both bawling our eyes over sad memories. at the end of the day, it was a really healing experience because i loved spending time with my sister.

"...i've liked you from afar and i decided i should be brave today so here-" a flustered girl with short brown hair presented a neat pink envelope with stickers towards an unamused han seojun.