eight

"i should head home," i told gowoon after a while of chatting with her. we caught up on everything except for the details of my expulsion but i did tell her the gist of it.

besides that,  i promised gowoon that we would spend time together another day to practice makeup looks on her. she reacted in a thrilled manner and admitted she's always wanted to experience with makeup.

as i slipped on my sneakers, gowoon cleared her voice from behind me and i peered to where she leaned in closer to me and whispered, "you should talk to my brother."

"right now?" i raised an eyebrow and she nodded, as she pushed her glasses upwards with her finger.

"with no doubt he's going to make an excuse to leave the house after you leave. he cares still," it warmed my heart to hear those words and i felt a little bit nervous about doing that though.

i slipped out of my shoes again and gowoon resumed her seat at the living room table and opened her schoolbooks.

i knocked on seojun's door and there was no response.

a few moments later, i heard the sound of footsteps- more like seojun dragging his feet across the floor as he lazily opened the door and his relaxed expression was replaced by surprise.

"i'm going home," i told him and he raised an eyebrow at me, what if gowoon was over-exaggerating?? but she's not the type to do that.

"what about it?" he asked, all nonchalant, "just go."

i wasn't unsure about this at all. i waved to gowoon who sat in the living room and mouthed, "he'll be down soon," as she waved back.

when i got to the outside of the apartment building, i decided to wait a few minutes. i really want to talk to him.

and gowoon was right.

after a matter of minutes, han seojun emerged from the building wearing his black bomber jacket with a hoodie underneath paired with black jeans as well.

"i knew it," i said, as i looked to seojun and he simply groaned as he walked past me.

i caught up with him and despite my goal being to have a conversation with him, he gave me short replies that ended it so quickly.

"so how are you?"

"okay."

"have you eaten?"

"no."

"are you ready for the test next week?"

"dunno."

did lee suho somehow pass his boringness onto han seojun? he could not be any more boring than he is right now.

so instead of walking towards the direction of my house like he is, i leave his side and wander the other direction.

"where are you going?" seojun's voice asked from behind me and i simply stuck my hands into my pockets and replied, "dunno."

yeah, it sucks talking to a dry person doesn't it?

he doesn't stop me but simply sighs as i spot an area where there's a street musician performing songs. there are public benches and it's close to the river that sparkled beyond the railing and suddenly a relaxed mood overcame me.

i plop myself down on the bench and appreciate the song being performed, it temporarily erases the stress in my head.

a tall shadow is cast over me and i glance to see han seojun towering over me.