VI - "I can't lose him"

We got him up , his one arm rested on my shoulder as the other rested on Jin's shoulder. 

"Let's have dinner outside today" he said and I chuckled and nodded .

AT THAT VERY POINT OF TIME .

A silent gunshot was heard , maybe because of the usage of a silencer .

Beomgyu fell to the front .

I looked at his back , saw a red patch of blood which was increasing by every second

He was shot .

Everything , everyone turned slow motion . I saw people rushing towards him as he was lying with his face down to the ground .

'I should go too'

'I should help too'

But all I could do was just stand there , look as others flipped him over . His eyes were closed and he looked lifel—

"Y/N, Y/N" i flinched at the sudden shake I looked to my side to find Jin . Looking at him , my breath instantly blocked .

'I can't breathe'

"Y/N . Breathe . Deep breaths" he said as he held my face .

That didn't calm me , but you know what did a memory with beomgyu , when I got a panic attack and he hugged me , reassured me that he is there to help , that he is never leaving , that he'll always be there . He promised .

'You better keep your promise'

"Inhale"—I inhaled —"Exhale"—i exhaled .

"Just like that . Deep breaths . Inhale and exhale" he said as I got my breaths in control . I held on to his palm which was holding my face .

"Everything will be fine" he said as he joined our foreheads .

'We can't mourn . We need to get the surgery to start'

I pulled back .

I looked at the people surrounding him .

"EVERYONE PLEASE MOVE . Don't surround him . Give him some air" I said as everyone started moving and I walked to him .

"GET A STRETCHER" i yelled Making sure everyone heard me .

In a few seconds , we got a stretcher , I laid him on it , making sure not to look at his face .

"Miss Y/N are you conducting the surgery ?" One of the nurses ask

"No" I blankly answered .

"Then who'll do it ?"

"I can't do it . He–he is lying here , he looks dead , and my hands are shaking , in my whole journey as a doctor , my hands have NEVER even ONCE shook and today they are *voice breaks* they are s-shaking so yeah DEFINITELY not trusting my hands with his body" I said

"I'll do it" jin said and my head jerked towards him . He looks at me and smiled .

"I can do this . Trust me" he said

"OH trust me I trust you the most . But will you be able to do it ?" I ask. 

"Yeah . I can" He said before turning towards the nurses .

"Get the preparation started . NOW" he emphasized on the last words and they nodded , scattering.

...

I was sitting outside the surgery room waiting for jin to go in and start the surgery .

I then saw him walking towards us with a nurse next to him .

He stopped in front of me

I looked at him
He looked at me.

"Save him"
"I'll save him"

We both said at once and I smiled .

"Good luck" I said and he nods and then without wasting even one more second He went inside .

...

Jungkook and Taehyung had woken up they were there along with somi , and taehyung's friends . I was sitting outside the room lifeless waiting for jin to come out and inform me .

I wanted to cry .

I really did .

I promised myself I'll take care of him , I'll protect him and I couldn't complete even ONE FUCKING PROMISEC.

'Stay calm'

'Don't cry'

"Y/N!!"

I immediately recognized the voice and looked around to spot her , and then I did , near the staircase .

Lisa she was there , with yeji .

I got up as they came running .

"Is he okay ?" Yeji asked

"I don't know" I answered

Lisa stepped towards me , she took my face in her hands "Are YOU okay ?" She asks emphasizing on 'you' .

And that's when I lost it .

I broke out crying so bad , she embraced me in a hug and patted my back as I cried , making her top wet .

"I-i don't wanna loose him...I cant loose him" I cried even badly .

"I know I know . You won't loose him . Don't worry" She said patting my back slowly ..

She hugged me until my sobs slowed . When I stopped crying she pulled back and wiped my cheeks and placed a small kiss on my forehead .

"Don't worry he'll be fine" She said and I nodded . 

That is when I heard the door unlock . We all turned around , jin came out taking his mask off .

I hurried towards him . .

"Did you save him?..." I asked followed by a long stop .

He looked at me for a while then smiled .

"Yeah we saved him"

•••