CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The sounds of metal hitting wood rang the autumn air as Clarke took a stroll through the private gardens of Polis. It had been days since the Commanders outburst and already there were people calling for her head. Her people admired her courage and ruthlessness while Azgeda churned for war against the Heda.

Clarke turned the corner and stood in a grassy opening with wooden dummies spread out in strategic fighting patterns. Some natblitas clashed their swords off to the side but the main spectacle was that of Lexa chopping up the thick wood as if it were made of flesh.

There was rage in her eyes, but it couldn't be seen in her actions. She fought with patience and strategy amidst her pain.

With a final blow to the last dummy, Lexa threw her swords in rage.

"Lexa what are you doing?" Clare asked in great concern.

"What I do best, Clarke. Kill." She responded staring off into the horizon.

"They're made of wood." Clarke retorted.

"All the same though."

Clarke sighed.

"Azgeda is calling for your head." Clarke acknowledged.

"They always are." Lexa retorted again seemingly unbothered.

"Please tell me what's wrong so I can help."

Lexa finally turned around to face Clarke. The commanders' bloodshot eyes were stained with tears and her warpaint looked as if it were never taken off since the night of the ceremony- 4 days prior.

"It's nothing you can fix Clarke. Trust me."

"At least tell me, don't turn away again, please." Clarke begged.

"Is it something with the treaty? Did someone try to kill you? Is it Titus?" Clarke inquired.

Lexa shook her head.

"So, its Nia?"

Lexa looked at Clarke with her traditional stoic expression, no pain, no fear, no emotion.

"Nia has caused me so much pain and killing her hasn't made me feel any better."

"Oh Lexa..." Clarke's voice rang with empathy, and she rushed to embrace Lexa.

Finally accepting the gesture, Lexa moved her hands to Clarke's waist and when they separated the Commander was smiling.

"What's funny?" Clarke teased.

"Nothing. I don't want to be sad around you. You look beautiful today." She said, changing the subject.

Clarke raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"You look...." Clarke fumbled on Lexa's slept in attire.

The Heda playfully punched Clarke in the arm which hurt Clarke more than she was willing to admit.

"Come with me." Lexa said pulling Clarke inside.

--------------------

Gliding through the hallways they finally reached Lexa's bedroom.

"I had my guards move your stuff back next to my room. I hope that's ok."

"Thank you." Clarke responded smiling as she was pulled through Lexa's double doors.

Clarke was pushed down onto Lexa's grand bed as the Commander straddled her waist and planted kisses down her neck.

Lexa's touch was playful but held so much lust, and Clarke was an eager recipient. Clarke's tongue reached into Lexa's mouth as their kissing got deeper and deeper.